• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGem Store Questions/Issues [merged]Source
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1 -

If you have tried to make a purchase in the Gem Store and have experienced issues, please post in this thread. Kindly include your 12-digit Incident Number in your post.

Thank you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Hi Everyone,

If you are having issue with the gem system, like you have bought something on the store but didn’t receive it, please post it here with as many details as possible.

Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#33 -

Alot of people seem to have this issue. I started playing on August 25 as part of head start. I have not been able to purchase gems successfully with credit card or via paypal in 9 days. I keep getting “Approval Failed” when I used a credit card. I contacted my credit card company and they said they are not seeing charge requests come through. I am assuming the problem is on the ArenaNet end. I submitted a ticket 6 days ago (120904-009?313) and have not heard anything on this. One person on the guildwars2guru forums said they were told their account had a purchase restriction on their account but was never told why. The purchase restriction was lifted and they were able to purchase gems.

In any event, I want to purchase gems with my credit card and it has been incredibly frustrating not being able to do so. Please help!

That is not a valid ticket number. Could you please update? Also, did you submit multiple tickets?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#34 -

Everyone:

This is a serious issue, and we’re sorry you’re having this problem. Can you edit your post to include your ticket number, please?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#45 -

You guys are awesome — thank you for ALL those details!

I’ve made the Gem Store folks aware of this thread, and they will be able to dig into these cases as time allows.

Thanks again.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#81 -

On the first pre-launch day (25th of August), I thought it wise to purchase 2800 gems at $35, and obtain 3 character slots (800 gems each, total of 2400 gems). When the gems were obtained, I went through with the transaction, and sold the remaining 400 gems for gold in the market. When I logged off to character select to create my three new characters, I discovered that one of those transactions did not go through, yet I was charged the 800 gems for the slot never received.

I have already sent in a ticket regarding this issue, but have only had the generic “here is a list of problems you might be encountering” response, and have had no response since my update a few days ago. Any ideas on how I could either:

A) Receive my already paid for character slot.

or

B) Be reimbursed the 800 gems I spent and received nothing for.

I’m holding out on purchasing anymore gems until this is fixed.

Otherwise, amazing game, keep up the good work guys!

We definitely will fix this! I am moving to the Gem Store thread (and hoping you will see this). The team is eyeing the thread and will work on getting this issue addressed.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#250 -

Oh, you can’t report this in the game, it really needs a ticket. In-game reports are for bugs, and this is an account-based issue, so it requires personal handling from a support agent.

Sorry for this inconvenience, and we will make it right for you! (Thanks for your support of the game, as well.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#552 -

So i bought gems in game over 24 hrs ago and have yet to receive them in game. I was charged on my Credit Card and even received the verification email stating as such. I have filed a support ticket to this as well with no help. I would like some insight into this situation seeing as i have already been charged without delivery for i’d say quite some time now.

I’d like to get your 12-digit support ticket number so we can give this a look. Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#553 -

Guys, you’re right. I look through this thread and I feel bad — you’re not getting as much information and you should, and I apologize for that.

I’ve sent off an email to the team who is working night and day on various issues related to the BLTC and the Gem Store. I hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update. But in the meantime, please accept our apologies for any difficulties you’re experiencing.

If you bought and did not get your gems, update your ticket (don’t make a new one, it slows the process) and we’ll watch for those. If you cannot purchase, we also need to look into those situations. We appreciate your interest in purchasing gems and believe me, we want to make it possible for you to do so!

Thanks, again, for your patience.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#555 -

Update on my issue:

They sent a response saying that I can purchase gems for 24 hrs. I did so, and purchased 4000 gems (extra, so I dont go through this mess again).

My issue is that I am currently living and playing overseas but used my US Paypal info to pay, which their support guy said was the likely reason why I was flagged.

My question is, outside the 24 hrs, what are we supposed to d if we want to purchase more gems?

May I have your 12-digit support ticket number? We’ll look into this for you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#958 -

We noticed a certain prevalent situation with gem issues: While going through tickets about missing gems, it seems that a lot of customers were just looking for the gems in their character’s mailbox. Once they know where to look — The Black Lion Trading Company / Gem Store — the players find the gems and all is well.

Please note: Gems do not go to your mail. Instead, the balance is updated and reflected in the Black Lion Trading Company interface. (Look for the lion head in the upper left).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#959 -

For those of you having purchase issues, still hang in there. We’re making some changes in the next few days that should make it easier to make the purchase.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1274 -

I just did a review of all the issues posted on this page of the thread. Here’s an update:

121005-002941 Resolved
121006-000754  Resolved
121006-001874  Resolved
121006-001918 Resolved
121006-002662 Resolved
121007-002738 Resolved
121009-000183 Resolved
121009-000210 Resolved
121009-001642 Resolved
121004-001813 Agent responded on 10/09; needs additional info, please
Larkir.6502 Please submit a ticket so Support can help you.
Airatt.4083 Please submit a ticket so Support can help you.
Caleindal.6794 Please submit a ticket so Support can help you.
Tapza Ranger.1327 Please submit a ticket so Support can help you.
Kromica.2831 We stopped accepting Discover about a week ago. Sorry!

Everyone who provided a ticket number was responded to and resolved by Support. So please take that as persuasive evidence that if you contact Support, the team will help you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1317 -

The company that you buy in game money like gems has been hacked so to stop them from stealing all your real money it has been shut down and when its back up you will be able to buy gems.

This is absolutely untrue. I would ask to have this removed, but I want it to be clear: We handle our own transactions, and nothing whatsoever has been compromised in any sense. Our Gem Store and the in-game Black Lion Trading Company are operating just fine.

Please do not post rumours, speculation, or bogus “information” in these forums.

If you are talking about the PlaySpan hack, that is incorrect. They have nothing to do with Guild Wars 2’s gem shop.

This is accurate. We do not use PlaySpan.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1318 -

Didn’t want to double post but I can’t see a edit button? EDIT: Found it! only seemed to appear once i posted? not sure what im doing wrong lol

This is part of the email response I received

There is a default purchase limit of $300 per 30 days for the “Card on File” purchase option. This purchase limit is there to help players or parents control their spending for the account.
It appears you have almost or already reached the card on file purchase limit for your account. To resolve this issue, simply remove your card on file, and leave it off. I know it’s not as convenient entering your card information each time you wish to make a purchase. However, leaving the card off file means that you will not never hit that card on file purchase limit.

We have just implemented a way for players to remove the card on file from an account. To do this, simply click the trash can icon next to the saved card on file in the Gem Store. Confirm the deletion, and the card will be removed.

Also, if you are receiving an error, it could be because of too many failed attempts within a short time frame.

Please wait a full 24 hours from your last transaction attempt, then try again. For future reference, please keep in mind that too many failed attempts within a short time frame will always result in an error.

Thank you for including this, Zerland.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1319 -

Still nothing Gaile. #121009-002996

Well, phooey! I will send an email for you. Sorry for the delay!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1321 -

I’m unable to purchase gems as well. No error. The next button just won’t light up in the credit card info box. It’s not a saved card, but it has worked in the past. All the info in the fields was correct. No Next button.

I did submit at ticket this afternoon.

I feel sure you’ll hear back quickly, but if you have issues, please post in the stick “Tickets for Review” thread.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1324 -

My card won’t work on the gem store….
121011-003044
They told me my card is on 5 different accounts… Which it shouldn’t be. All I want to do is increase my character slots and this is providing to be a huge hassle.

One of our senior agents took a look and he tells me this is resolved now. If you still have issues, please post in the stick “Tickets for Review” thread.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1325 -

Still nothing Gaile. #121009-002996

Well, phooey! I will send an email for you. Sorry for the delay!

The team lead updated you and let you know how to address this. Let us know if you still have issues.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1331 -

Thanks a bunch for the update. I’ll let the team lead (who was helping you) know about this. I’m pretty sure he’s aware, but it doesn’t hurt to send off an email so he can take the “check back on this” off his to-do list.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1341 -

Definitely get in touch with Support. They may be able to help, or they may be able to give you the information that you need to address the issue with the store that sold the card.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1348 -

Right now, I buy items from gem store, but seems that the total of my gems gets down as regular, but no item is delivered.

Am I the only one who cannot get any items?

Edit: it was becuse I had my mailbox full of spambot mail…

All bots must die!!! [Resolved]

I am that that this worked out for you. I have to say that you’re not the only one who has had a full mailbox and has been unable to accept the purchased items.

Thanks for your support of the game!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1351 -

Hello Gaile,
Because you seem to be the one keeping a close eye on this thread I would like to ask you a specific question. Earlier I had issues buying gems on the gem store. To make a long story short I was eventually able to purchase them for a short 24 hour time ( as per a e-mail from you guys)

“Although there is something about your transaction that is being flagged by our system, we have authorized your e-mail address to complete transactions for the next 24 hours.”

So now my question is basically, does this still stand?!?!? Can I purchase gems now? Or am I still flagged???

(sorry if this has already been answered)

We don’t always know why someone is “flagged” but we are happy to work with that person to make it possible to purchase gems. Just update your ticket (or start a new one if you have lost track of the old one) to ask for another 24-hour authorization.

We are sorry that this measure is necessary for some people, but we’ll do our best to address the matter quickly and appreciate everyone’s understanding (not to mention support of the game ).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1375 -

Is there a way to buy Gems other than in game?
I pointed out in Beta, that I didn’t like the idea of buying or using my credit card details in game, and some of my concerns back then seem to have become a reality.

Can’t we have something in our account page on the main site, or buy something like game cards which could then be sold in a store?

I’d like to see something like a subscribtion based system as an option, so I could set up to have XX amount of gems a month.

Yes, gem cards are available! Please read this page for more information.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1376 -

I haven’t put in a ticket for this, as there seem to be numerous instances of this already mentioned in this thread.. but I can’t get any of my credit cards to work with the gem store. I’ve used them to purchase them in the past without issue, so I’m pretty sure the problem isn’t on my end.

It could be your bank that is the issue, or our fraud protection systems may be preventing the purchase. If you contact Support the team will help you figure out the cause and, if it’s on our end, work with you to resolve it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1377 -

Here is how I see the last batch of reports:

121020-002845 Resolved
121019-001617 Resolved
121020-000049 Resolved
121022-001287 Resolved
121023-002744 Resolved
121024-002738 Resolved
121025-001302 Resolved
121025-001369 Resolved
121023-003333 Resolved — did you check with your bank about why they were preventing you from making purchases?
121020-002050 Suggestions supplied on 10/20
121021-000737 Info provided 10/21
121021-000603 Info provided 10/21
121022-000213 Info provided 10/23
121021-001267 Info sent 10/21 — are you ok now?
121024-002336 As explained yesterday, your bank is preventing these purchases. Please contact them and get back with Support if you need help after that.
121023-002998 In queue for review
121025-001638 Moved to Technical Support Forum

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1379 -

It’s most helpful if players will allow the Support Team a few days before they post in this thread. There’s no need to post right after submitting a ticket, but rather, wait a few days to see if the issue can be resolved and post here if the issue continues, or if you have a repeated issue.

Thanks for understanding.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1381 -

Hello..
Thank you for getting back to me Gaile, and It seems that the 24 hour time window they gave me had been removed and I was able to make the purchase of the 150$ on October 19th
Now, LOL……..the issue with me is that I always work a large amount of over time at my work and as a thank you my boss likes to treat me with Mastercard/visa gift cards.
So I got another one today, Low and Behold…….BLOCKED ……Again….
So I submitted a ticket, [Incident: 121026-000031]
I only want to buy the dang Witch costume, so I am worried I wont get it in time.
But oh well its just a skin.
Anyways I heard in another forum that there may be some sort of gem limit in a 7 day period, is this true? Or is it….
You guy just dont like me 0_0
Why you no want my money !!?!?!

Oh dang it! I was thinking as I read “Gift card, that should work!” But I see… not so much. ~sigh~

I love the witch costume, I don’t blame you at all. But be assured it’s available through the event! And while this is irritating, please don’t take it personally. We do <3 you and we definitely would like to accept your money.

Let me see if I can find out about whether there’s a limit.

EDIT:

Just talked to a team member, and he told me that it’s the financial institution that is blocking the purchases. He suggests that you contact them — your bank, perhaps, or the credit card company — and pursue this issue. After you do that, I’d suggest you update your existing ticket and tell the agent what you learned, and if there is further trouble, update the ticket again and we’ll throw another hamster into the giant Wheel O’ Business on our end.

I’m sorry for all the hoops — we’re working to reduce those, but must be watchful for the large number of illicit transactions that are attempted each day. :-/

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1422 -

Yes, we need to have security, because people use stolen or fraudulent credit cards and we must take measures to protect ourselves from that.

The team will help you. If you’ve been waiting 3 days, please post in the sticky Tickets for Review thread above.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1426 -

I hope you both have contacted Support. They definitely will help you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1435 -

I too am unable to purchase gems, I have been using prepaid visa cards purchased from 7-11 to purchase amounts ranging from $35.00-50.00 today I tried to purchase $50.00 from the visa card I loaded ankittenep getting declined. All I want to do is purchase gems and support the product. Please fix this Gaile! :-)

I agree that we need to help you. Do you have a ticket number?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1437 -

Ok, thanks for that info. I see the ticket is in the proper queue, and I anticipate you’ll hear back soon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1439 -

I appreciate your help as always Gaile, I have updated the ticket with a screenshot proving the account is active with funds.

That’s an excellent idea, thanks for doing that.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1440 -

I think when you go through Paypal, ANet do not have your CC info. Only Paypal is the one processing through your CC. I think that is one of the reason Paypal exists. I would try to use Paypal in your case.

I agree. PayPal is handled by us differently, and I believe it would work in this scenario.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1458 -

I did. ANet’s Customer Service “unflagged” my account so that I could purchase more gems. Here’s the deal: Each time I make a $50.00 USD purchase in the Gem Store, ANet flags my credit card. The next time I try to make a similar purchase, ANet turns it down since they flagged it after the last purchase. Because it was a failed transaction, my credit card company also flags it and then my credit card becomes unusable. So, each 50.00 purchase results in my credit card becoming flagged both at ANet and the credit issuing company. I predict that this is going to have to change on ANet’s side of the transaction, because a tremendous amount of revenue is being lost and there are undoubtedly going to be a lot more purchasing opportunities in a month for the next holiday events.

That could be what is happening, sure. But what I’ve learned in investigating these situations is that it’s often the reverse order: The bank/CC issuing agency blocks the purchase, then unblocks it, but with that block, our security elements kick in, and it’s a circle that sometimes is best addressed with a call to the CC company rather than to us.

Having said that, since you’re discussing with Support, and since they can review your individual situation, I feel sure they’ll work with you and make the purchases possible.

I am very sorry that you’re having this level of frustration, and we really do want to make it easier and more pleasant for you to purchase gems! Thanks for sticking with us, despite the hurdles, and thanks for your support of our game!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1516 -

Hello Leo.

Are you living in Europe? The Gem Store is currently experiencing issues and we are looking into it so the error you are getting is normal and you should be able to purchase gems later on. Here you can see that other people are having the same problem.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1522 -

We are having issues with the Gem Store at the present time.* We apologize for that. The team is hot on the case, and I think you’ll see this resolved very quickly! (Lots of emails flew around today; we know this is important and it is being given a very high priority.)

The Gem Store issue of earlier today, which was preventing the acceptance of most currency types, is now fixed. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1584 -

Passing the more recent issues along for review by the Gem Store team. We apologize for the issues and a Support agent will work with you on each case.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1593 -

Hey guys,

I just got an email with an analysis and a work-around on one of the Gem Store purchase issues, where you try to buy and cannot click “next” to complete the purchase. Granted, this doesn’t solve every issue, but it’s a step forward and I want to share this work-around:

What is happening is that the “next” button on the final screen does not get enabled after filling out their billing information. What seems to be happening is the form does not recognize that the customer has entered all the information into the form and in turn, they cannot complete their purchase. If the customer simply “tabs out” of that last field (for the card’s expiration date), they are able to click next and confirm the purchase on the following page.

I wanted to post this right away, and I’m hoping that someone will let me know if this suggestion does work for them. We have a “bug” listed for this, but I’m super curious about whether this work-around is effective.

Thanks for any info you can provide on this!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1595 -

Ive heard those gift cards flag your account for permanete non-transaction. Aka they wont ever let you buy anything. It has to do with their fraud and stolen card detection system.

I have never heard that a gift card will result in a permanent block for purchases! Please don’t start rumors, but allow us to help players with facts and accurate information.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1596 -

Hello, so I have a few questions with purchasing gems with a Vanilla Visa Giftcard. I am not sure what to put for name and Billing Address. Also, when I just put my normal name and Billing Address, it just tells me Card Approval Failed. (Also I have activated my Visa Gift Card on it’s web site). So I am really not sure what to do, help.

I am going to ask our Billing Team lead about this. Will get back to you soon!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1626 -

We had a maintenance:

Billing Maintenance: 28th Nov 5:00AM PDT (13:00 GMT)
We will be taking down the commerce system for maintenance at 5:00 AM PDT (13:00 GMT) on November 28th for 3 hours.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Billing-Maintenance-28th-Nov-5-00AM-PDT-13-00-GMT/

But I don’t think that applies to this situation, as the hours don’t seem to align. I think you should contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1627 -

An internal email yesterday stated that there was sometimes a few hours’ delay between the time of purchase and the arrival of the kit. I’m sorry that it took so long, but I imagine that you all received your kits by now.

If not, I encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1628 -

The kits were taking some time (occasionally a few hours) to arrive but I believe all were delivered by last evening. Please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page if you still have issues.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1629 -

I believe this was resolved a few hours after you made this post. If that’s not the case, please contact Support.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1636 -

It has been few days now and I still can’t buy your kitten gems. What’s wrong with you and the support?

121116-002679

As the team has responded a couple of times, your purchases were declined by your bank. Therefore we are not able to fulfill your purchase requests. You might consider purchasing gem cards at a retail store and adding gems to your account in that manner. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we can accept the credit card you’ve been attempting to use.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1637 -

Gem Cards I purchased from BestBuy are not redeeming.

I submitted ticket: 121130-000602

[edit – now the entire Black Lion Trading Company interface is down – ERROR: invalid authorization]

[edit 2 – UPDATE: following the fix of TP my codes (as reported in the ticket) have now been authorized and I’ve been credited with 2000×2 gems. —ISSUE RESOLVED]

Thank you SO much for updating to let us know that the issue was resolved. Many times it’s unclear if something is OK, and looking into the matter takes time away from other issues that are still a problem. Thank you again for updating!! <3

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1638 -

This post is in response to my previous post. I was able to successfully get around the bug I posted a few posts ago.

In the page where you need to put all your credit card information, there is a button to change your order. I changed the order to an order that I did not want. Then I changed it back to the order I wanted. At this point I clicked next.

The “Review Your Order” page correctly displayed my order now. Everything seems to work after this.

Good to hear the “work around” is functional, even if a bit awkward. Our team is aware of the issue and I’m sure they’ll be working on the functionality issues to make the purchase process a bit smoother for everyone.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1639 -

Hello,

Recently I tried to purchase 1600 gems using my credit card, but I received this error message after I input all the information and pressed “confirm”

What’s the problem? If anyone could help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hi there. What region are you in? And when did you attempt to purchase? Thanks for this report — the team is on the case!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1641 -

Hello,

Recently I tried to purchase 1600 gems using my credit card, but I received this error message after I input all the information and pressed “confirm”

What’s the problem? If anyone could help me with this issue, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey there. We’ve looked into this and we’re not seeing a general problem. Have you tried again? Did it work ok later? Thanks for any update you can give us!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1642 -

It has been few days now and I still can’t buy your kitten gems. What’s wrong with you and the support?

121116-002679

As the team has responded a couple of times, your purchases were declined by your bank. Therefore we are not able to fulfill your purchase requests. You might consider purchasing gem cards at a retail store and adding gems to your account in that manner. Unfortunately, it does not appear that we can accept the credit card you’ve been attempting to use.

I just checked on your ticket and I think you’re ok to go now! Thanks for your patience and understanding.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1659 -

I would strongly suggest buying gem cards from a retailer in your area, and giving those to your friends instead. That is a much safer way to give someone a gift than mailing gold, especially since we would not be able to help you if something went wrong (if you accidentally sent the gold to the wrong player, for example).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1670 -

I’ll ask the team to take a look at these. They review this thread often, but we’ll see if they see anything unusual.

For those of you who purchased and did not seem to receive your item, I’ve found that it is sometimes helpful to remove all mails from your mailbox (claiming/retrieving all valuable items from the mails first, of course). Somehow, completely clearing the mailbox can help. Obviously that won’t solve the problem for everyone, and if you have issues, please do contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1680 -

The fraud prevention system can be difficult, and I’m sorry you and your brother are having this issue. I just really believe we can make this purchase go through, so please contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1687 -

Here’s a suggestion that worked for another player:

What is happening is that the “next” button on the final screen does not get enabled after filling out their billing information. What seems to be happening is the form does not recognize that the customer has entered all the information into the form and in turn, they cannot complete their purchase. If the customer simply “tabs out” of that last field (for the card’s expiration date), they are able to click next and confirm the purchase on the following page.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1690 -

Hello there, Aceman:

sometimes this just happens but you are able to buy gems after some hours. Please, drop a message if the situation has not been reversed in the next few hours. Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1691 -

I been trying to buy Gems but its time I try it’s not working? what can I do?

Were you able to complete the purchase?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1798 -

Been trying to buy gems with my credit card, but the Confirm button won’t light up. At times, Ohio/OH shows up red and I have to wait for it to go through.

Hi Dastreus,

Can you tell me… when this happens, does the number of gems you’re purchasing and your total price show up on the left side of the window?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1799 -

If you did not receive your broom, trying checking your mailbox to make sure it isn’t full. If it is not full, try deleting at least one player-sent mail anyway, and see if the item shows up after that.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1801 -

every time i try to use the Black Lion Trade, they say i need to log 9in, i am loged in, don;t understand what is going on.

Do you have an antivirus program or firewall running?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1805 -

Okay… so this worked to get delivery of the broom.

But then… the broom disappeared after a single use. Hmm… maybe the store description should mention that?

Alternatively… holy wow the gem store purchases are incredibly buggy! I think I’ll be holding on to my money until I get a broom or a refund. Sigh.

Are you sure it disappeared? You have to be in your town clothes to use it. Have you tried switching back to your town clothes and seeing if it is still equipped?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1828 -

I am sorry that you folks are having trouble buy gems. I am sending around an email, because I feel that there’s been a slight increase in the number of players having issues, and I want the team to have a chance to review each situation.

Please keep in mind, posting here is fine, but you really need to have a ticket in the queues to address your personal situation. So if you cannot purchase gems, I encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. If you’ve submitted tickets already, do include that number or those numbers, and of course providing some details, such as the last four digits of the CC number you’re attempting to use, can be helpful.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1830 -

I have problem with buying gems with my mastercard as well. How did you guys submit a ticket, in game or through support site?

My ticket

#130209-002031

This was accidentally misqueued, but you should get an answer very soon!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1831 -

I’m also having an issue. Just this morning I tried paying for gems with my saved credit card and low and behold I get a message stating “please confirm your identity” when attempting to purchase gems. I’ve purchased gems before and haven’t had a problem.

Ticket:: 130119-001041

The team answered this one asking for some information from you on 19 January. If you were able to complete your purchase, great! Could you let me know that? If you did not receive their response, please post so we can help work through this issue. Thanks!

Can’t buy gems now for 2 days, already wrote to customer support but they didn’t write back yet and haven’t increased my limit again, I’d be very happy if someone of you guys could look at my issue and let me make another purchase, thanks.

Ticket Nr.: 121211-001166

Looks like this was resolved on 19 January. If not, please post so we can get this sorted out!

incident-130120-000427

cant buy gems. Both credit cards and paypal dont work. Please increase my purchasing limit.

Looks like this was solved on 23 January. If you need further help, please post.

Yeah, I’ve been getting frusterated for a long time now. (Long time as in a week)
I’ve tried 4 different credit cards, my prepaid vista giftcard, and paypa to buy :
800 gems
1600 gems
my friend the 60$ version of the game.
I mean come on guys I’m trying to give you money and you won’t except it. It’s getting ridiculous how this is happening. I’ve posted two tickets which apparently merged into one and havn’t gotten a response in like a week (aprox, no idea how long exactly).
Here’s my ticket number. Please fix this bull asap. Thanks guys.
130118-000449

Agent responded on 23 January and I think you’re ok now. If not, please update this thread.

#130122-000628

please look into it please.
This is basically what everyone on this forum having trouble with.

Agent responded on 30 January with a suggestion that would eliminate the problem. If you have further issues, please let us know.

I attempted to purchase 800 gems but I got an error message stating that the transaction failed. I checked my online bank account and it says I have THREE pending transactions being held against my account even though I only tried to buy one set of 800 gems (which I never received). #130128-000039

No funds were collected for any of the transactions.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1832 -

So I tried converting gold to gems again and buying something. The conversion was successful, like last time. However, also like last time, upon purchasing an item from the Gem Store (Unidentified Red Dye), I was once again rewarded with nothing. Is this simply a problem with my account or the items in the Gem Store associated with the Valentines Day special offers?

I strongly suspect your mailbox is full. The mail counter may not be functioning properly, may not display all the mails you really have.

Empty the mailbox, taking off all desired items (if any) and I think those mails will appear.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1850 -

I have a question for users who want to buy gems with CC, and get “Card Approval Failed” error message. Did you get your CC in your country, or did you get it from another one?

If the credit card does not come from the country in which it is being used, it can cause a lot of “potential fraud” alarms to go off. So your question is reasonable, because in those cases, the player will need to discuss the matter privately with Support so they can assess the situation.

Tried to pay gems with Paypal, got “An error occurred finalizing your purchase” #130221-001329

Everytime I try to purchase gems. I get parse errors after clicking confirm. Doesnt matter if I use a CC or Paypal. I sent in a support request (#130222-001489) but not sure if I will hear anything until Monday now

A team member is reviewing, as you saw in the update. I’m hopeful that this will be resolved, and don’t worry, we have a team working in Payments and Billing, so the weekend should not be an impediment to resolving this!

Hi,
I bought a Riding Broom in Gem Store about 3 weeks ago, the gems are missing and I still didn’t get my broom. I would really appreciate getting my reward…
Regards,
Warduk

I think this can be resolved only by your contacting Support. If you have not submitted a ticket, please do so by going to this page and then filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1851 -

Card approval failed. Ongoing issues since game was released. Appreciate a permanent solution to this so I can invest in your company.

#130221-000492

Thank you for your desire to support the game. As one of our team members told you, you’ll need to contact your CC carrier (bank, other institution) and once they clear this, you should be able to make your purchase. We have cleared you as much as possible on our end, but the bank owns the final function.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1852 -

Card Approval Failed using multipule cards. Put in ticket but I’m not holding my breath for a quick reply – thought this might work better. I am unsure how to find the number associated with the ticket – sorry. I definitly have enough money on both cards I tried, and I have not spent very much this month so it should not be blocked for that reason. Have been unable to make a purchase for over 24 hours now. Hoping it will be resolved tomorrow but I have heard these issues can go on for weeks! I really hope this is not the case.

It’s a 12-digit number, often called an “Incident Number” that beings with 13. It should be on one of the colored bars in the ticket response. With that info I can review and see what’s happening with the ticket.

Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1860 -

Guys, we have a display issue that is causing some concerns with a promotion going on right now. That’s not to say this will address every issue in this thread, but for those trying to buy the game, please read on.

Here’s the official wording that players should be able to get if they use “Ask a Question” about this:

The Order Summary is slow to update when there are changes made. The promo price will appear on the “Order Summary” once you enter all of your credit card or PayPal information in the fields provided.

Promo Sale offer applies only to Digital Edition and Digital Deluxe Edition purchased through buy.guildwars2.com from 7pm CET (10am PST), 22nd February 2013 to 9pm CET (12pm PST), 25th February 2013.

So I think you’ll find that you do get the promotional price. But of course, I’d suggest you contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you with any individual issues you’re having, and the turn-around time is pretty quick these days.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1909 -

There are some known issues that may have played a part with what is happening today (Monday, March 25). Here’s the official statement about this:

One of our payment system providers is experiencing intermittent outages that may prevent some purchases from completing successfully. If you currently are attempting to make a purchase and are having difficulties, you may wish to try an alternate payment method such as PayPal to complete your purchase. If you continue to experience issues, please do not attempt your purchase repeatedly but await our “all clear” and try again at that time. We apologize for this inconvenience and will update you as soon as the issue is resolved.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1999 -

We’d like to try to keep all questions and concerns about the Black Lion Trading Company, Gem Store, and Trading Post in the same place. To that end, I’ve written up a large FAQ about these features with contributions from Curtis Johnson (our “guru” about all things to do with this subject) and Jason Smalling (QA team member). I will lock the thread, post the FAQ below, and encourage you to post your questions and concerns in the Black Lion Trading Company Forum.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY / GEM STORE / TRADING POST FAQ

The “Buy Gems” process doesn’t work for me through the Gem Store (Wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store.

First double-check your gem balance in game to see if the gems have been added. If not there could be a few reasons for this:

1. The Gem Store may be in maintenance mode. The “Buy Gems” and “Redeem Code” buttons will be inactive but this is a normal part of the maintenance process and will clear up soon.
    Suggestion: Check Twitter — https://twitter.com/guildwars2 -- for news about the maintenance period. (You do not need to have a Twitter account to read our feed.) Please wait a few hours and try again.
  2. Your CC provider may not have processed the purchase on their end.
    Suggestion: Check your CC records to see if a purchase was finalized. Note: CC’s occasionally put a proposed transaction into a “holding pattern” so look for only the fully-processed purchases.
  3. For all other problems purchasing gems, [url= https://en.support.guildwars2.com/]contact Support[/url] to investigate further.

I spent gems at the Black Lion Trading Company and I didn’t get my item. (Wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post#List_of_Black_Lion_Trading_Post)

We suggest you try the following:

1. Are you certain you completed the transaction?
    Suggestion: Check your gems balance or view your gem purchase history on the right-hand side of the home page of the Gem Store. The purchase may not have processed at all, in which case you can initiate the purchase again.
  2. Gem purchased items are delivered through in-game mail. Do you have too many mails in your mailbox?
    _Suggestion: Try clearing some items from your mailbox to see if more mail “appears.” This indicates you have mail that can’t be delivered because the mailbox is full. _
  3. Have you checked your characters to see if you retrieved the item with a specific character?
    Suggestion: Check the inventory of each character and not the general inventory, alone.
  4. For all other problems, [url= https://en.support.guildwars2.com/]contact Support[/url] to investigate further.

I made a trade through the Trading Post and I didn’t get my item(s).

First and foremost, you will find a lot of valuable information, tips, and suggestions in the Trading Post section of the official Guild Wars 2 Wiki. (Wiki link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trading_Post). Beyond that, here are a few pointers:

1. Did you create a buy order instead of making an instant purchase?
    Suggestion: Go to the TP and see if you have any active buy orders on the “My Transactions” page. Cancel the buy order and make an instant trade instead, keeping in mind that you must offer the appropriate price to complete a purchase.
  2. Are you conducting a large number of transactions?
    Suggestion: You may need to retrieve some of your purchases.
  3. Did you check your account bank?
    Suggestion: If the TP is unable to deliver currency to a specific character it will deliver it to your account bank, so check that, too.
  4. Are you considering TP fees?
    Suggestion: Please note that there is non-refundable posting fee of 5% for each item you offer to sell and a sales fee of 10% that is removed from profits before the seller is paid for his/her item.

How to get help:

For help with all of these situations, we recommend you contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. Please include any relevant information, such as your operating system, your PC specs, and firewall info. Support will be able to look into your purchase attempt and help resolve the issue you have experienced.

Before you submit your ticket, you might try clearing your cache by using the following steps:
1. Close Guild Wars 2.
2. Click the Windows start button.
3. Search for temp
4. Find any gw2cache folders and delete them.

For tips on what information to provide in a ticket—mostly intended to ensure that you own the account (for security reasons)—please read this post and provide as much as possible to expedite the ticket.