• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flagerror code 7:11:3:189:101Source
Sparky.5072
Target Source
#1 -

i been getting this error a lot after the 2nd day of play it would lag a lot when fighting then kick me to the log in screen with this error it does this more on to the main servers then the over flow servers and less at late night times i tried to follow your required setting about this error and did not help it at all and so far with this error is getting worse i cant stay logged in for more than 5 min before it kicks me and as of now its a unplayable game for me

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#31 -

Hey guys, I would like you to try a new command we just introduced to assist players with these types of issues. Generally this assists players who have ports blocked by their ISP or are having connectivity issues. To do this:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 installation folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Rename this shortcut to “Guild Wars 2 Port Test.”

4. Right-click on this shortcut and select “Properties.”

5. Edit the “Target” line to include /clientport 80 at the end.

Note: Please make sure /clientport 80 is outside of the quotes

Correctly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe” /clientport 80
Incorrectly Formatted Example: “C:\Games\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe /clientport 80”

6. Once completed, click “Ok” to save your changes.

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try step 5 again.

7. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Port Test” and try connecting again.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#43 -

For all of you experiencing the error code 7 and disconnect issues I’d like to collect a diagnostic report from you. Please try the following steps to generate this report:

1. Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.

2. Right-click on “GW2.exe” and select “Create Shortcut.”

3. Right-click on “GW2.exe – Shortcut” and select “Rename.”

4. Rename this file to “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic.”

5. Right-click on “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” and select “Properties.”

6. Locate the “Target” line and add the following to the end “-diag”
Your target line should look like this: C:\Gamse\Guild Wars 2\GW2.exe -diag

7. Click “Ok” to save your changes.

8. Double click “Guild Wars 2 Diagnostic” to start the test.

Once completed, please click “View Results” and save the results to a text file on your desktop.

Once saved, please attach to this thread.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#93 -

Hey all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are currently looking into this. I know most of you have probably tried the following, but below are a few troubleshooting steps you can try if you have not done so yet:

1. Connect directly to your router.
2. Make sure your Anti-virus and Firewall is not blocking the client.
3. (I know most of you have already done this) Make sure the following ports are open: 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600
4. Make sure your video drivers are up-to-date. We have had a few reports of this resolving the error 7 issue for people who would disconnect while zoning.

Also, you may want to do a Winsock reset. To do this, follow the below steps:

Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.

Type “cmd” without the quotes, and click “OK”. This should open a command prompt window.

Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. Please attach that file to this ticket. (We would like this report even if the issue is resolved)

Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Close the command prompt and restart your PC.

Once back into Windows, try running the game again.

Thanks to everyone who has provided data as it has been extremely helpful.
If you haven’t done so yet, please post your NetworkDiag.log. The more information we can compile the better.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#217 -

Hey all,

Sorry for the delay in posting in this thread. I assure you we are still looking into this issue.

Can those of you who are still getting error 7 let me know what country you are playing from please.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#223 -

@moitelyzah

Are you playing on an EU or NA server?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#233 -

Those of you playing from the US, what servers are you playing on?

@Sardoni – Can I get your server name as well. Its odd that you would be going through Frankfurt and not Dallas.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#647 -

Hey guys,

We have collected a very extensive amount of data in regards to this issue and from what we have found, the majority of tickets that have come through support have been connection issues on the player’s end such as high amounts of packet loss and latency spikes seen in network tests provided to us.

There have been some “workarounds” for players that have resolved this issue if their connection is not the case, such as reinstalling Windows, the /clientport 80 command, removing the router, disabling application overlays, running Msconfig, and performing a Winsock reset.

Please keep in mind these workarounds seem to resolve the issue for very few players and in very rare cases. For the most part for any connectivity issues, especially if they’ve been prevalent since launch, I would recommend getting in contact with your ISP as they are the only ones who can make any adjustments to your connection.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#787 -

Hey, everyone:

We would like your help in investigating this bug and would like information. Please go to this forum thread for instructions: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/Info-Request-Error-7

Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#925 -

Remember, folks, that Error 7 is common because it simply indicates that you lost connection to the game. It could be us. It could be your modem or router. It could be the ISP. It could be a minor or major outage in the Internet backbone.

Each case can be slightly different, so submit a ticket, indicate it’s a technical support issue, and please follow up with our agent gets back to you, so that he or she can help you identify and resolve the problem.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1012 -

Hey guys – as previously stated, the best way for us to collect information, diagnose, and troubleshoot this issue is by creating a support ticket as the reason for this particular error message can vary.