• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagPersonal Story - Brute force quest bug (human noble)Source
Mrazomorka.9012
Target Source
#1 -

In the personal story quest “Brute force”, while in the part of defending children against mobs invasion, mobs suddenly stop to spawn an I can’t finish the quest. I am just standing there waiting for mobs to spawn and nothing happens. This happened 3 times. Once I finished it but i got kicked out because I entered out of the instance zone as I was heading back to the ending point (it was just 1 second after I accidentally ran out of the zone).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

Thanks for the reports, everyone! We will certainly look into this. For the time being, try exiting the instance and entering it again. This seems to be fixing it for those who are stuck, and is a temporary solution until we can take a look at it.

Good hunting!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

As far as I can tell, this means there’s a critter stuck somewhere. (Each wave is spawned on the death of the previous wave.) I’m looking into it now to see if I can reproduce the issue, but I’ve never seen this in dozens of playthroughs.

EDIT: I’m now 0/3 trying to reproduce the bug, so more info is needed. “The second wave” is a bit ambiguous since there are multiple undead from different directions, What was the last scene to play? The last type of undead you defeated?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

I haven’t been able to reproduce this bug after a dozen playthroughs. All I can do is reiterate my earlier advice—look around the area to see if there’s an attacker that got hung up on a tree, or is fighting another NPC.