• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagEnd Story Loot. (spoilers)Source
Darque Intent.1674
Target Source
#1 -

Having shown the mighty dragon Zhitan a moderately impressive fireworks display, it was time to go talk to commander Twig. There was much cheering… and a box of fun, that was fairly amusing. But after it was all said and done it was time to collect my reward. Amongst those items that had me intrigued were the 5 parcels I received. Upon opening them, I almost felt like they were a reward for a second as I saw the yellow of a rare item, but to my surprise it was only a level 39 item. As I opened the remaining 4 I grew slightly more aghast. To summarise I gained 1 yellow, 1 green, and 3 blue items, non of which were above level 50.

Is this as intended? Seems a bit odd, being a level 80.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Aha, I finally got my GM tag added, so this should up as an official post. Anyway, we’re currently looking at the issue, it’s definitely not intentional. Thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#94 -

I don’t set up rewards, so I don’t want to give any inacurrate information… But we are fixing this, and we’re looking at a retroactive reward for people who have already finished the final dungeon. (No ETA on either, sorry!) But you have not been forgotten, nor are you being ignored.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#98 -

It’s my understanding that the final reward will be corrected for people who complete the step, and we’ll be doing something for people who have already completed the story. It shouldn’t matter if you already opened the bags, or have them untouched, since we don’t want to punish people who (in good faith) opened up the rewards and got a bunch of low level items.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#130 -

The 9/24 update has:

“End of Story Loot bags improved to only give green or better lvl 78+ gear.”

I don’t know if it also has a retroactive fix for players who have already the step, but we do plan on giving players who have already done the step updated loot.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#163 -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/story/End-Story-Loot-spoilers/page/3#post228973

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#165 -

Nothing has changed.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#169 -

I wish I had more/better news, but like I said nothing has changed since my last post. Once I know that a retroactive fix is in place, I’ll let y’all know. (My guess is that they’ll mail out updated loot bags to people who have completed the final story step, but I don’t really know.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#259 -

There is a retroactive fix planned, and I’ve also been told that we’ll be using a GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the story. (We agree that three green items isn’t cool enough.) I wouldn’t expect to see the new rewards and retro fix until the 10/28 update, though, because the upcoming holiday content is eating up our precious testing time.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#269 -

As far as I know, any character who has completed the story will receive mail with the new reward(s). We’re not transmuting the old rewards or searching the character’s inventory for them, etc. so it doesn’t matter if you sold/salvaged/deleted them.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#341 -

We’re working on a fix, the issue is something that worked on our test servers but didn’t work on Live, so we had no way to catch it before the update, unfortunately.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#344 -

I’m not entirely sure I understand the question. The entrance to the Pact area where the merchant is located was accessible on our test servers, but not on Live. We’ve corrected that, and it should be getting updated soon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#350 -

AFAIK anyone who has completed the story has been sent a Pact token. Make sure your inbox is allowing new mail.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#364 -

I have completed the story TWICE and have received no token. My patience is at breaking point.

Completing the dungeon’s story MODE does not award a token. Completing your personal story does. Also, make sure your mail inbox is receiving new mail; if it’s full, you won’t get the token until you clear it out.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#392 -

Which bug? The reward for completing the story was implemented a couple of weeks ago.