• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBad BloodSource
TheFailBus.1546
Target Source
#1 -

This story mission is so annoying it is unbelievable. My laptop isn’t amazing but can run the game well enough to play fine and do PvP, yet for this mission the slight delay i can get, especially from all the wind graphics, makes it ridiculously difficult to get past the wind blocks. I’ve been stuck on it for several days and it’s honestly ruining my experience. All because of a stupid puzzle. Please for the love of god make it skippable.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

[quote=86930;Tanaquil.9314:]

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

I watched most carefully and ran the minute the flag started to blow.

That’s exactly the WRONG time to run. The flags indicate when the wind is blowing, once they die down you can run to the next section. (Don’t try to do the whole run at once, you need to wait at the middle wall for the wind to rise and die again.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#30 -

Added to 9/24 update:

If you’re knocked off the bridge, your checkpoint will be set on the other side, so you can accept the death and bypass the puzzle, or try it again by reviving at the start. (You’re downed if you fall so you can self-revive.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#41 -

The change is in the 9/24 update, so it’s not on the servers yet.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#51 -

All classes have “Bandage” as their #4 downed skill, it will self-heal but it will stop if you take any damage. So if you’re “safe” but dead, you can bandage yourself to life.

So with the update, if you fall, you can two things:
- Let time run out, and go to the checkpoint (which is now past the bridge)
- Bandage yourself and try again

No need to leave the instance.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#63 -

Note that you can’t just run off the edge immediately, it will allow you to use the checkpoint after the wind has activated at least once. I just tested it on our “dev” servers, I’ll follow up and see if there’s any chance it didn’t get pushed to the patch. (Normally, we make change locally, then they get pushed to the dev servers, then they get pushed in a live update. It’s why we only do weekly updates, so our QA team can test the changes on the dev servers before we make them live.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#66 -

Whew, ok, thanks!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#73 -

Keep in mind that falling off will teleport you back to the start, it’s only if you die and retry will it use the checkpoint.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#82 -

As I mentioned above, if you allow yourself to die and restart at the checkpoint, it will move you past the bridge puzzle. You only repeat that section if you revive yourself.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#89 -

The checkpoint activates the first time the wind blows, but you must die and retry at the checkpoint. If you bandage yourself back up after falling off and teleporting to the start of the story, you’ll have to run it again. I don’t see how it’s possible to be forced to retry 60 times unless you’re choosing not to allow yourself to die.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#96 -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/story/Bad-Blood-minor-update/2027231