Relica.5023
Target Source
#1 -

Character name: Relica Darkstorm
Race: Asura
Class: Mesmer
Order: Order of the Vigil
Level: 80

I am still having the same bug that was happening before the fix. I walk in and listen to the conversation that Traherne is having with the 2 NPC’s next to him, then when that dialogue is over, the green star above his head disappears, the quest text in the upper right corner of my screen grays out and nothing happens. I don’t get the dialogue I am suppose to from Traherne. I’ve tried running past him, I’ve tried standing back till the dialogue with the NPC’s is complete. I’ve also gone in with 1 other person and gone in alone. Still the quest will not progress. What am I doing wrong after this has been said to be fixed?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Are you leaving the area before the scene finishes? When it’s over, there’s a cutscene that triggers, but only if you’re in the area by Trahearne.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Do you remember if you did “Forging the Pact” multiplayer?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

We haven’t been able to reproduce it, so I doubt it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

We’re having an extremely difficult time trying to reproduce this, but we are looking into it. I don’t have an ETA for a fix since I don’t know what the problem is.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#30 -

There are multiple discussions going on in this thread, but I have a question for those that are stuck right at the beginning: which quests did you do right before this? Specically, which “greatest fear” was picked? The isssue appears to be that the game doesn’t know where you are in the story, so it doesn’t know which cutscene to play.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#38 -

I’ve asked our testing team to run through this story step a few times and send any bugs my way. I’m going to try and clean it up for the 10/1 update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#49 -

I’ll post tomorrow when I’m back at work and can look up the story step names. The fears are failure, suffering, and the death of an innocent.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#55 -

Re: my above posts

The three fears are:
- Death of an innocent (“Tower Down”, “Munition Acquisition”/"To the Core’, “Breaking the Bone Ship”)
- The suffering of others (“Striking Off the Chains”, “Wet Work” , “Willing Captives”/“Intercepting the Orb”)
- Failure (“Shell Shock”, “Volcanic Extraction”/“Fixing the Blame”, “Marshalling the Truth”)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#56 -

Update: Ok good news/bad news.

Good news: we found and fixed the problem with the story stalling out when you meet Trahearne.

Bad news: it won’t go live until the 10/1 update. (So 10 days to go.)

I’m also looking at the problem with the docks stalling out, bad AI behavior, and a few other misc issues.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#69 -

For the 10/8 update I’ve thinned out the spawns quite a bit, and cleaned up the spawning around the docks so they shouldn’t end up in odd places.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#72 -

Tonight’s patch should fix the issue with it stalling when you talk to Trahearne. The 10/8 update will have additional changes.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#75 -

Just patched up and tried to progress my story and… no change, still the same bug with no cut scene.

What are your last 3 story steps? (From the journal.) Did you do any of them co-op?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#78 -

[quote=317934;Konahrik.5069:]

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#78 -

Striking off the chains, Wet Work, Intercepting the Orb

You stood by Trahearne until all the scenes finished? I honestly can’t find any reson why it wouldn’t kick off the LC after the scenes.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#93 -

For the docks, have you checked inside the fort? There’s a third wave that gets launched over the docks past the first line of defense.

For the stall, the only thing I can think of is that the fix didn’t get into the 10/1 update for some reason. I can’t find any situation where it’s not working correctly on our internal servers, and looking at the script it has a failsafe to force it to continue.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#108 -

Update:

I just found and fixed (for reals) the problem with the story stalling when you tried to talk to Trahearne. Turned out to be some corrupt data, so it looked ok in some cases, but was failing on the Live server. While I was at it, I also thinned out a lot of the spawns. I’m still seeing weird name color issues at the end, and I’ve asked our programmers to look into it. (They’re showing up on the correct hostile team, but displaying the wrong color for some players.) It’s currently in the queue for our testing department to run through it, I’ve asked that this be expedited and added to the 10/8 update since this story step has been such a huge problem.

Since it’s 4:30pm local time, it won’t hit testing until tomorrow, but I’ll post another update once I get approval to add this to the 10/8 update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#114 -

Update 2:

Sounds like the fixes passed stage 1 of testing, so they’re moving it into the 10/8 update for further testing. Specifically, this should fix the block for some folks when they talk to Trahearne at the start, and reduces a lot of the spawns across the story step. There’s still some funkiness with the enemies at the end displaying as white/yellow instead of red, but that’s a seperate issue we’re looking into for a later update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#136 -

If you’re stalled at the front gate, look around. There’s almost certainly a zombie hiding out somewhere. Once it dies, the next wave will spawn.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#138 -

“We”? How many players were in the group?

We’ve now played through this about a dozen times with no blocking issues, so I’m having a hard time trying to identify the problem.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#140 -

Try running it solo, it might be a scaling issue.

EDIT: It looks like it’s set up correctly, so the only thing I can figure is that one of the undead is either spawning in a bad spot, or being pulled to a bad spot by combat. Check around all the routes they attack from, and check around the fortress gate, to see if any are “stuck”.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#144 -

As posted above:

1 – Try the story solo. This seems to only pop up when doing it with multiple players.

2 – Look around the gate, it seems to be a nefarious zombie that’s hiding out under/around the ramp leaing into the fort.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#150 -

I’m trying to offer a possible workaround for a bug that I cannot reproduce after playing through the story step a dozen times. Since I can only test solo myself, it might be an issue with multiplayer.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#171 -

What map are you in? The story start point is just outside Fort Triniry in the Straits of Devastation.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#176 -

The marker is probably trying to display the shortest route from your current location, which would be through the asura gate at Vigil Keep. (It doesn’t know whether or not you can actually use the gate.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#190 -

Update: I modified the gate attack sequence and our testers tried it with 1, 2, and 5 players, and it worked every time. Unfortunately, the next content update isn’t until 10/22, so it will be a while before the fix hits the live servers.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#226 -

?

As I’ve stated before, we tested a change that worked for 1,2, and 5 players, but it’s not slated to go in until the next content update (10/22).

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#278 -

When did this happen? That bug was fixed about a month ago.