• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flag"Account transfer limit" Mail issue.Source
Nilum.1870
Target Source
#1 -

Hello!

it seems that i have been running into a problem with the mail, i have been trying for 2 days to send over materials to a guildie of mine to make me some armor, however i keep on getting this message which goes something like this

“This transfer would exceed the total value of transfers allowed for new accounts. As you continue to play , your account will be allowed to transfer higher values. New account limits are necessary to protect your online experience from fraud and illegal trading. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience”

right.. so “temporary” doesn’t seem to be rather temporary. anywho i’ve tried sevral things such as getting rid of messages in the mailbox sending it on another character and so on, i have been “lucky” enough to be able to send a small part of the materials but then again when i try again the message just keep on popping up. anyone else got this problem aswell? did you get it sorted out? don’t hesitate to share cheers.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#16 -

It is actually a necessary limitation to prevent hackers and gold sellers from transferring goods to other accounts. If you play legitimately, the warnings will vanish for the mail sent to you in time, as will your friend’s as he advances in the game. I am unsure of how exactly this works, but I suppose it is a matter of how much progress in the game your characters have achieved, and not necessarily a period of time to pass after account creation.

Thank you! I was just starting to formulate a response, but you’ve said it very accurately.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

I would like support with this please.

I finaly managed to get 100 gold for my commander title and sent it to a friend to just show him what it looks like for lolz. The problem appeared after he couldn’t send it back. .. if you could help out would be grand don’t want to loose the chance of becomming a commander due to this. ( namely only a set amount of players can become )

If you need help, please contact Support directly for help. Use the “Ask a Question” tab to submit a ticket.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

They still haven’t responded to my friends support ticket and they are completely ignoring this thread.

Oh hey, I did not see this thread earlier or I would have responded. No ignoring, just busy!

But I did want to call out that a couple of people obviously used the Search Engine to pull up this thread, rather than make a new one. I can’t tell you how great that is. Thanks to you who did that!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#32 -

When was this introduced?

I brought a new account/game for my son to use while the Digital Deluxe edition was on special and now we are running in to all sorts of problems because of this, with sending/receiving mats/gold and using the/my guild bank.

If I had of known about this, I don’t think i would have brought the second account/game.

So it means that we have to wait 30 days to use the system properly?

P.S. So I fork out money for a game, which cannot be used to it’s full capacity.

I am sorry that you’re frustrated, but there is a really good reason that these restrictions are in place: They greatly reduce the abuse that comes from RMTers. that is, illicit gold-sellers. They also make a real dent in the number of people who cheat and exploit.

Most cheaters, exploiters, and real-money traders want to get onto an account and begin their illicit activities right away. So restricting trades in the early days helps the game and the game economy as a whole and we hope that the temporary inconvenience will be more than worthwhile, in the “grand scheme of things.”

By the way, I hope your son loves the game.