• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagChange Display Name (not Account Name)Source
Wokenclaw.7451
Target Source
#1 -

Before Release of Guild Wars 2 I was hoping to get the chance to change my Display Name (Wokenclaw.7451). This would be really really helpful as I dont use this name anymore on Forums or Guilds so many people have Problems recognizing me.
So how is the status on this topic? Can we expect to have this option in the near future? It seems to be requested by many players.
I thought maybe if I write a Ticket with the request to change my Display Name this would help?
Thanks for any answers.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

Can you please confirm that we will be able to change our display names in the future as per the answer on the FAQ. Here is the link, http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8982

It’s under the question How do I change my Display Name.

Fair question, and I’m not sure that answer is correct. There are reasons to allow it, and perhaps an equal number of reasons to disallow it. I’ll see if I can find out more about this and will post if I do.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#27 -

At this point, this thread is not about an account issue, but about a suggestion. I’d like your ideas to be seen by the development team, and it’s more likely that this will happen if you post in the Suggestions Forum.

There are a few very good reasons why we are inclined to not extend this feature to players, but understanding that you feel that it’s a desirable thing, please feel free to post in a forum thread (there are existing threads) about this feature in the Suggestions Sub-Forum.

Thanks for understanding.