• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCollector's Ed/DDE Item Questions [merged]Source
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1 -

This thread is designed to answer questions from people who deleted their Collector’s Edition items and would like replacements.

Please note that there are two safeguards against this:

1. The player is warned to remove all valuable items from the character before deletion
  2. The player is required to type in the entire name of the character, to avoid a “mis-click”

Having said that, we do understand that some players were not aware that items like the Miniature Rytlock were given as one per account, and not one per every character. The developers are looking at this issue and hope to have a remedy in place soon.

I will merge threads about this topic to keep things aligned.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#21 -

In order to delete the Rytlock, you have to read the warning and, after that, confirm you really want to delete the character. So there are safeguards in place to prevent the accidental deletion of this one-time item.

Having said that, the team is looking at other ways to address this player concern. If you have submitted a ticket about this, you will be in the queue, and when there is a remedy you will be assisted.

Thank you for your patience.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#151 -

I am now opening a third ticket (120908-004876) with you guys for this issue since the first still has never recieved a response and the second got lumped into your mass mail response thread.

My next step is escalating this to the ArenaNet leadership team via email and twitter

Couple of comments: You should not open multiple tickets. The second received a mass mail response, but it was not closed. So you have three tickets opened for one issue, which slows your response turnaround time.

Secondly, you should not “escalate” via PM, via email, via twitter, or via Facebook. We have a forum, and we have the support system, but harassing staff via other means is not going to speed up the process, and it’s going to waste a whole lot of time from the team members involved.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#204 -

This issue is very much on our radar. We’re going to be able to make sure that everyone is taken care of, but ask for your patience with this as we work out a few issues. There are sort of a lot of “working parts” on this one, but we will take care of you as soon as we can.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#232 -

Zora — we will be making another distribution of items, and if you have not been included in the past, you can be included in the next one. (I don’t have a date, but I imagine it will be pretty soon.)

This post should be in the Tickets for Review thread or in the CE/DD post. I’ll move it in a minute, when I know you’ve seen this. And I’m sorry you haven’t been helped before now.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#234 -

Thank you ^^ Gaile i have been really worried about this ^^

No problem, I understand! I’ll move it over to get into the right thread now.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#249 -

Info for you: The team is still trying to figure out the best time to make a distribution of missing or accidentally-deleted DDE/CE items. They intend to make some game changes that will prevent this from happening to people in the future. There will be another distribution, but I’m not sure whether that will happen before the design change is in place, or whether the team will wait and do a final distribution after the situation is fully resolved.

I’m sorry I don’t know more, but it’s actively under discussion and your ticket numbers are being gathered.

Thanks for your patience — we’ll get you taken care of!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#264 -

Zora — we will be making another distribution of items, and if you have not been included in the past, you can be included in the next one. (I don’t have a date, but I imagine it will be pretty soon.)

This post should be in the Tickets for Review thread or in the CE/DD post. I’ll move it in a minute, when I know you’ve seen this. And I’m sorry you haven’t been helped before now.

Why does he get precedence over everyone else who has been kindly waiting patiently just because he raged in ALL CAPS? I can be an a**hole too, yet my items have been mistakenly deleted within the first hour of head start going live. I really hope when making distributions you guys are selecting those who submitted tickets first, not random ones or people having a big cry about it.

SP

With all due respect, is “my items have been deleted” accurate? Or is it “I accidentally deleted my items?” I mean, let’s be fair, ok? I don’t think they disappeared, and I’m not pointing at you, but “mistakes were made” is so much less honest than “I made a mistake” which is something I hate about politicians, but that’s another topic for another day.

To your point: No one is being given special treatment or preferential treatment, or individual distributions. If I answered someone who wrote in all caps, I should not have done so, I agree with you, because that isn’t good form, and I generally avoid any response to rude and aggressive posts.

We’re going to be sure we harvest all the ticket numbers and get a distribution out to all those who need it. I will post individual about that below.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#265 -

For those of you awaiting a replacement of Collector’s Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition items, I can tell you that a distribution will be made in what I think is the near future. I believe that a date has not yet been set for this. If you’ve posted in the Tickets for Review thread and have been marked “In queue, awaiting resolution” or something of the like, know that your issue is recognized and that we will make sure you get your items when that distribution is made.

The dev team is working on some game changes that will make future distributions unnecessary, so they are holding off on the distribution for a bit.

Thank you for your patience.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#268 -

@GaileGray

I have posted previously about my ticket so i wont bump with that again, but my question is (and I may have misunderstood this thread) is this thread for people who deleted their 1 time use items and not realizing that or people who did not receive any of the digital bonuses to begin with or both?
I only ask because I am pretty sure mine is the latter of the 2 there as I do not have the mistfire wolf elite skill either (which should be unlocked but is not)

It’s for both issues. Thanks for asking and allowing me to clarify.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#269 -

If I deleted my Deluxe Edition mini should I fill out a ticket or wait for the game change?
I am willing to be patient for it I just want to make sure I get it.

Submit a ticket and add the number to this thread, please.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#273 -

i submitted my ticket about a week ago, but only now stumbled upon this thred. if i understood this correctly is hould just post my ticket number here anyway? my issue is that i accidently deleted the one character that had the DDE-items on it. my mistfire wolf works just fine, though.

Ticket #120916-002064

edit: i just thought of something else.. since i’m in germany, should i even be posting here? cause i was automatically assigned to the european support team and submitted my ticket there. if this is the wrong place for me to post, is there a european equivalent of this thread somewhere?

Oh, Nemui, you’re welcome to post here any time.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#274 -

Update: 21 September

I just learned that the dev team and support have come up with a solution that will allow us to address these issues individually (rather than doing a mass distribution). A CS Agent will review your ticket and will enable the redistribution. Of course, if there’s a reason that he or she cannot give you the items, you’ll get an update about that, instead. (And I’m sure such cases will be rare.)

The process will involve the generation of special codes and the application of one code per affected account. The codes cannot be made until next week, so please bear with us because it’ll probably be a few additional days before this is set right. The good thing to know is that it will be set right soon.

Thank you for your patience! (And it goes without saying, thanks for the love of the game that prompted you to purchase a DDE or CE in the first place. We appreciate that extra level of support!)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#311 -

As many of you probably discovered, we did another batch of CE/DDE Item distributions on Friday. From this point on, any remaining issues will be handled individually.

If you deleted your CE or DDE items, please check your account/mail/characters to see if you received the items in one of the large-scale distributions. Replacements are one-per-customer, so we cannot re-replace items. Also note that if you used a one-time-use item, a new distribution will not give you a second use.

If you did not receive replacement items as of Sunday, September 24, please note your ticket number below and the Support Team will look into the matter.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#379 -

Need DDE Items Back…

120914-000304

Closed

09/13/2012

Still haven’t recieved my DDE items

120906-010340

Closed

09/06/2012

I have deleted my Digital Deluxe items

120830-015905

Closed

08/30/2012

Gonna keep bugging you about what i paid for till you give me my items….btw get a effin support telephone number

You need to respond to Ticket 120914-000304. You never did so, so you were not in the queue for a distribution. Please update the ticket to say you still need the items. I will let the team know that you will be doing that today. Thank you.

#120920-001266 (09/19/2012)
#120825-028078 (08/25/2012)

Still have not received the mail with the Miniature Rytlock, Tome of Influence and Chalice of Glory.

You also did not update your ticket 120920-001266. Please indicate in your ticket that you still need the items. As the ticket explains, you need to update in order to get in the replacement queue.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#404 -

Here’s an update: We’ve done two mass distributions, and are now handling this individually. One thing we have noticed is about 20% of those who write asking for CE/DDE items do not own a CE/DDE. Yes, they pre-purchased the game, but they pre-purchased a Standard Edition, not a Collector’s or Digital Deluxe Edition.

A Pre-Purchase of a Standard Edition did earn you the Hero’s Band. It did not entitle you to the Miniature Rytlock, Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill, Golem Banker, Chalice of Glory, or Tome of Influence. (Info here.)

So please check your receipt to confirm that you did purchase a Collector’s or Digital Deluxe Edition of Guild Wars 2. If you did purchase a CE or DDE, and if you still do not have your special items, please update your ticket to let the Support Team know that this is the case. You may also post here, if you wish, but the distribution will be done by ticket, so updating there is sufficient.

One note: There is not benefit to asking for multiple replacements of these items. The items are bound to your account and cannot be traded or sold. The one-time-use items—such as the Golem Banker—expire with use, and once you’ve used the item a replacement set will not give you a new, functional item. So please do not request another set, once you’ve received the replacement.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#407 -

And a minute or two later I need to re post.I log onto my account and the in game mail with the 3 items I’m missing is there!!! From grumpy to happy in 2mins thank you gw2 support you got there in the end many thx and I need to learn to read the small print before deleting in future thank you!:)

Awesome! I’m super happy, and very grateful that you posted this update so that we know things are working as they should.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#464 -

For those of you who are still waiting — and those numbers are happily dropping every day — please open your support ticket and update it. It may be noted as “closed” but if you post an update that you still need assistance, the ticket will reopen and an agent will review your request.

Thank you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#476 -

Hello everybody.

EndlessDreamer is right. You should write a ticket (here) as soon as possible so they can resolve this issue for you.

Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#493 -

It is true that Mistfire Wolf is a skill, not an item. You do not receive an email about this special skill — it is present as a Elite Skill on your skill bar and is accessible at Level 30.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#495 -

Did another sweep of these remaining issues and we should be addressing these today.

If you have not received your items, please post below this post. I may have missed your earlier comments and we do want to get this tidied up for you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#496 -

If you truly have been waiting this long, and as active as you have been in the forums, I am surprised I haven’t seen you posting in at least one of the correct threads. (Or maybe you did and I missed it, in which case I apologize.)

Here is information to help you:

Please post in the appropriate thread (the second one listed there) and always, when you are requesting help here, always include your 12-digit incident/ticket number so that we can investigate and get the issue resolved.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#498 -

Here are updates about this situation:

121011-003010 – Resolved
110905-001463 – Resolved
120925-000737 – Resolved
121010-000426 – Resolved
120907-007909, 121014-000454 – Resolved
120908-008181, 121012-002731 – Resolved
121010-000801 – Ticket updated to let you know you did not have a CE/DDE

Please check your account carefully for the mails related to the item replacements. If your mailbox is empty and you are sure you did not receive the replacement items, please update your ticket so that an agent can review the situation.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#501 -

To Gaile, Peter, Gus, GM Alura, Taredis and everyone else in the Support Team who helped me on my ticket (and everyone else with the Tome problem).

I just wanted to say a very big thank you to all of you for the response and resolution to my ticket about the Tome of Influence wigging out right back on headstart day one/hour one. I can’t wait to get home from work (6 hours from now >.<’ ) and see if everything goes as planned. I’ll keep you guys updated if it all goes pear shaped.

You guys rock.

TimTams for everyone*!

Note: TimTams are a chocolate covered, cream filled biscuit that can double as a straw whilst drinking tea/coffee. TimTams are unfortunately virtual because Aussie scientists are slack and haven’t invented matter teleporters yet.

Woohoo, TimTams! *~pounce~

Thanks for such a warm, positive note. We’re so happy to be able to help players, and doubly happy when they are happy in return.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#502 -

121020-002897 Resolved
120825-014150 and 121019-002435 Resolved; please respond to the second ticket if you did not get the items
120910-006939 and 121022-002361 Resolved; please respond to the second ticket if you did not get the items
120825-026231 and 121025-000056 In queue for distribution, probably tomorrow

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#506 -

I would just like to thank the Anet team for being considerate about their players. I had deleted my Rytlock Mini awhile back, and just realized when the event started. I was given another after one day of submitting my ticket. Thanks again

Awesome news, Aerious. Thanks for your kind words!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#542 -

Hi everyone! I forgot about my DDE items but I just recently started getting back into Guild Wars 2 and I realized that I never got them back. As the same as everyone, I played during the day it had been released for those who pre-ordered it and I was stuck inside of Divinity’s Reach and the only way to get out of it was to create a new character but I didn’t realized that the items were single character bound.

My ticket number is 120825-005676. Looking forward to a response. Thanks!

I will forward this to the agents and see if this is something they can help with. Thanks for your patience!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#543 -

I haven’t played in a while and I completely forgot about the warning in the in-game mail… The first character that I had made didn’t see much play-time, so I deleted it, learning very shortly after that I had lost the first-character items from the CE.

Ticket #130113-000163

I hope I can get this worked out… Either way, thanks in advance.

Just submitted ticket #130112-001842 for this. Apparently I’m a moron and mistakenly deleted my CE in-game items. Thanks so much for your help and understanding!

130111-000464

Well looks like I’m not the only one – to add a little humor if feel like Hugo the Abominable Snowman that says “which way did he go george” in the bugs bunny cartoons – love the game btw and it would be awesome if you could fix my mistake on this one:)

Ticket #130110-000401 just submitted for this very reason. I wish I had seen this forum thread before deleting my first character with the DDE items.

I created my character just about a week ago, and realized I had made a mistake with my character name – without thinking I deleted my character after having claimed the CE items (I do still have access to the golem banker but not the character bound items in the other mail message) I feel a little silly for having done that, and really hope something can be done. My ticket number is 130129-002359.

Thanks guys!

Just submitted a ticket with ref #130124-001223. Hope this can be solved. Thanks in advance.

Responses sent within a day or two of each tickets’ submittal and it appears all is well.

Hey ArenaNet! I just came back to the game from stopping after the first week of release. Enjoying it once again. But I came to notice that I was missing my Miniature Rytlock on my character. I created a new one and is making it my new main, I was putting stuff in the bank from my old main and came to see he was gone. He wasn’t in my bags or my banks. I checked all my other characters and cant find him anywhere. Could you please help me get him back? I wanted to post in here first to see if get some help before creating a ticket.

I’ve just a problem yesterday. I took out my mini Rytlock to see him. I then proceeded to teleport back to the world as I was just finishing a personal storyline quest. I looked in my inventory to bring out my mini Rytlock again but the mini itself had vanished! I did not delete anything at all, just loaded screens and it was gone. How can I get it back?

I think the team can help you. Did you contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page?