• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flag[BUG] The Stone SheathSource
Skolops.2604
Target Source
#1 -

I consider this a bug, but after spending time on these forums I notice a lot of posts pertaining to personal story bugs getting attention in this subforum and so I’ll put it here for now.

The Norn story quest The Stone Sheath is buggy as heck. You have to obtain an item underwater, which acts like an environmental weapon that you pick up (a rock, a keg, etc.) and replaces your weapon skills. You then need to take it outside of the water to a drop off point. However, anytime you leave the water you lose the weapon altogether when your terrestrial weapon skills pop back up.

The only way to successfully complete it seems to be to very carefully inch forward towards land while underwater and manually drop the weapon at a point where you can get out of the water and pick it up again. It took me several tries because I was concerned I would go too far and lose it for the 4th time.

Then after successfully getting it out, the NPC doesn’t seem to recognize you’re at the correct location. I ran around the drop off location for some time before the NPC finally registered that I had reached the correct spot and allowed me to continue.

I did try to report this via the in-game bug feature, but there is no Sub-Area which remotely fits the type of bug it is so I wasn’t sure how to even do that.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

We haven’t been able to reproduce this bug, and we’ve tried with several different systems/accounts, so we don’t have a solution yet.

There is a known issue with the thief’s “Steal” ability not interacting very well with story bundles.

UPDATE: A possible fix is in, it’ll be a couple of hours to run it through testing, then I’ll post an update. It’s a bug that doesn’t show up on the test builds we use when building content, so I can’t confirm it myself. If it looks good, it’ll be in the 10/1 update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Yes, it appears fixed. Will be in the 10/1 update. (Tested with an engineer to make sure there wasn’t something class specific going on.)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

I’ve tested this repeatedly with an engineer, swimming into the water, under the water, out of the water, using kits, repeatedly causing it to switch weapon toolbars, and I’ve never seen the scabbard “vanish”.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#22 -

What class were you? I’m wondering if there’s some global issue with the engineer losing bundles.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#32 -

I’ve asked programming to look at it, since it seems to be isolated to the engineer, so it’s something out of my hands.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#46 -

This is a totally bizarre bug that’s only appearing on the Live servers, so we haven’t been able to debug it. The next content update (in a few days) will have an update the this story step that turns the sheath into a “virtual item” so all you need to do is pick it up and escape, it doesn’t matter if you have it equipped or not.