• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBug with Swear Word filterSource
PotatoOverdose.6583
Target Source
#1 -

Play whichever class you find mokittenn. That’s what GW2 is about.

Posted the above in engineer forums.
The censored words above are “most” “fun”.

Your overzealous censoring censors “most” followed by “fun”.

Really, I mean really?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Sorry everybody, there was a bug with some updates to the filter. Please continue to report any bugs you find here in this thread. The most fun bug has been corrected at this time.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#35 -

We currently have no plans to offer an option to disable the swear filter.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#41 -

Good catch. This false positive has been fixed, including several others that were reported in this thread. Thanks for your reports.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#44 -

Hello,

I couldn’t post some links in Tech Support section due to the censor:

Example: http://www.lucidlogix.com/driverdownloads.html

Everything with “s dot html” is kittened.

Sorry about that, this one has also been fixed.

Btw, any chance you guys might look at the character creator regarding the same issues for naming characters?

So a number of japanese names can’t be used either, really common ones like “Kinoshi” “ta”, “Yamashi” “ta”…

The in-game character name filter is a different system than the forum word filter. This isn’t something I have access to, unfortunately. Sorry.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#71 -

Thanks for the reports everybody. An update to the swear filter has been implemented, which should address these issues. Also, sorry Rising Dusk, but I used your post to test the fix to a recently implemented bug. No content was changed, even though the post says it was edited. I only forced it to pass through the filter again.

Again, thanks for reporting, and please continue to report any bugs with filtering you encounter.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#74 -

Thanks for catching that. It’s fixed now.