• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBugged World BonusesSource
Pachi.1569
Target Source
#1 -

I wasn’t really sure how these worked, or else I would have made this sooner. But thanks to a discussion with a friend I have realized I’m not getting any of the listed world bonuses (gather rate up, craft rate up, faster endurance recovery, etc) from WvW. I have been on this server since character creation on the day of release, so there is no reason I shouldn’t be getting them, but I do not get any of the bonuses nor do they show up when I mouse over the WvW icon at the top of the interface. Most of my friends are all getting the bonus, but a couple of others I asked are not either. I could understand those who swapped servers not receiving them for X amount of time, but I have been on Ehmry Bay since I made my very first character and am not still receiving them.

These bonuses become quite significant (especially in terms of gathering and crafting) towards the end of the week, so it would be nice if this could be looked in to.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

So to clarify this a bit-
It is intentional that if you switch to a new home server, you will temporarily stop receiving the WvW server bonuses. As for duration, it’s disabled for the rest of the week long match, and I believe for the duration of the next matchup as well. This restriction exists to discourage players from switching servers. That said, if you’ve never switched servers, and your server is far enough along in the matchup to have a bonus, and you still aren’t getting the bonus, let me know.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#42 -

Thanks for the responses. I’ll let the team know, so we can investigate.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#204 -

We are currently looking into this issue as one of our higher bug priorities. We want to thank everyone who posted and helped with the investigation of this issue. We are working daily on improving the overall state and experience of WvW. We would like to thank everyone for their patience and consideration.

-WvW Team

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#226 -

This bug (group of bugs really) has been found and fixed. The fix will be available in an upcoming patch.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#239 -

Just out of curiosity since this bug took so long to find and fix, what was causing the bug to begin with? I’m not looking for any highly technical reason, just being curious in general.

The fixes are related to translating time from one format to another under a very specific set of circumstances and to the parts of the system that are supposed to recover if something goes wrong when translating time from one format to another. It’s a bit like having your breaks and airbags fail at the same time. Either one is bad, but both together… ouch.

I don’t believe we’ve announced our next patch date so I can’t be any more specific than saying that it’s in an upcoming patch. Sorry to be so vague, but rules are rules. It should be coming fairly soon though.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#286 -

We’re currently investigating why the fix didn’t work for everyone. Thank you for your patience while we hunt this down.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#288 -

We believe that we have identified and fixed the bug which prevented the last group of players from correctly receiving their WvW world bonuses. The fix for this bug will be available with the Wintersday patch.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#293 -

is this fixed yet? because I still can’t see my bonusses, nor did my HP increase.

Have you been on the same world for two WvW match-lengths? The bonuses only apply if you stick with the same world for at least that amount of time.