• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagUse a new code?Source
CutePicsHunter.7430
Target Source
#1 -

Is it possible to “reactivate” my banned account with a new code? I received full refund from seller, and just thinking about it. Im not interested in making new account and completing the game again.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

If your account was closed due to reasons outside your control — for instance, you were sold a code that was purchased using a fraudulent or stolen credit card — the Support Team may be able to help you re-enable the account.

Your first step, though, may be to see if you can add a new code to your existing account. If the fraudulent code was removed, you may find that you can add a new code. Give that a try first. After that, if you are not a fraudster (sorry, I need to say that!) and if you can establish the details that led to your account closure, contact Support for help.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

If your account was closed due to reasons outside your control — for instance, you were sold a code that was purchased using a fraudulent or stolen credit card — the Support Team may be able to help you re-enable the account.

Your first step, though, may be to see if you can add a new code to your existing account. If the fraudulent code was removed, you may find that you can add a new code. Give that a try first. After that, if you are not a fraudster (sorry, I need to say that!) and if you can establish the details that led to your account closure, contact Support for help.

Does this also apply if a family member or bank charged backed the transaction accidently? As this was outside my control and was done before I could do anything about it.

In a case like this, you really need to speak to an Support agent, who will review this on an individual basis.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

Respond to your existing ticket. If the final answer has been given, then the issue is closed.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Please note: There are a lot of people submitting fake appeals when they are fully aware that their account was acquired through use of a stolen/fraudulent credit card or when they did a charge-back and yet still wish to continue to play. The last thing we want to or intend to do is to let someone put another fake code on an account in order to strip off the good that they stole from innocent victims, or which they acquired through botting.

So if you did a charge-back, if you got a refund, or if you or your company were involved in the use of stolen CCs or fraudulent codes, please don’t bother to submit an appeal, and if you do, please accept the final answer of “No reinstatement” that the team gives you.

More information:

• Each appeal is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
  • You must speak with a support agent to learn if you are eligible for reinstatement.
  • Discuss the matter with the Support Team before you purchase a new code.
  • Do not purchase a code from a third-party; do not accept a “replacement code” from a third-party vendor — they never work.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#55 -

@Adanteh

It probably will help the community if you can also post it in the three days review thread since there is a rumor that ANet will not return the account no matter what.

No, please do NOT post “there is a rumor” about anything! If you guys need information, ask. If you need a review of your personal situation, talk to support. But do not use this forum to spread rumors.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#56 -

Hey there!

Here are some options to prevent people from just getting a second fraudulent serial to strip off all items accuiered and that way scam ArenaNet:

- Direct payment options that are not so easy to fake or steal. Direct bank wire transfer. Western Union. Paypal. Only giving out the key after the payment was received.
- Images of identity proof as there are: ID and a credit card with the same name as the ID (photoshopped so you only see the last 4 digits).
- Stripping off the charakters of all items and/or gold. I wouldnt mind, i just want the progress of my story back mainly.
- Sending a secret PIN number to a phone land line number for verification.
- Sending a secret PIN code over post (snail mail), for verification

Just some thoughts that might help to meet customers and ArenaNet as well.

Greetings.
D.

Thank you for posting this. The issue with “just let me add a new key and everything will be peachy” is this: If your account was stolen and used by RMT, we do not and cannot allow anyone to access the account as it is because that account will contain whatever ill-gotten goods the RMT worker possessed. We cannot allow an RMT to add a new code to re-acquire those goods, either.

Your suggestion answers a question I asked earlier. The question is casual, not official, but I’m interested in the answer: If we could allow you to access the existing account with a new code but with the inventory emptied to remove all items, would you want to do it? Or would you prefer to start over?

I’m really curious about how players feel about this.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#66 -

Gaile, I can only speak for myself, but if something happened to my account, and the only way to get it back would be to delete the inventory but keep my toons, I would go for that. “Things” can be replaced, either by farming or from donations from friends.
My toons and the effort to level them and the achivements I have gotten with them could not be replaced.

That is a very good point, ShiningSquirrel, and I understand completely. I suggest that for those for whom this is a possibility — if the account cannot be released outright — they should mention this option specifically in their support ticket. In the meantime, I will start an internal email thread about this to let the team know that I feel we should consider this as an option for those accounts that we cannot release outright, but could consider releasing under the circumstances described: characters intact, inventory removed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#67 -

So we meet again!
Yes, that’s true. I’m banned again. I guess I’ll just post in this thread seeing I used this thread before also. The response I got a bit less than a month ago stated that my account was released and that I was able to reactivate it. It also noted that I wasn’t able to use the European serial that I provided, because my account was made with a North American serial. Despite this I was able to log in after that ticket response, so I figured that the ArenaNet Support team DID activate my account with the European key I provided. However, last night I got banned with the same error code as before 45:6:3:2114. The strange thing is that I tried to enter the European key that I acquired a month ago to activate my account.. and it actually did use the key (It didn’t say it was in use or that it was of the wrong region, which it said at first). Now I thought maybe it just never said that it was in use, so I tried to enter it again and guess what? Now it is in use. However, my account is still suspended. I made a ticket, but I don’t feel like waiting 6 day s to even figure out what’s going on and then getting random template e-mail that aren’t even close to being answers or actually mention stuff that is simply untrue (My account was not getting reinstated according to the ticket replies I got, however thats different from what I received from Gale Grey and also different from the final response I got).

I really hope it can be resolved a bit quicker this time.

Since this thread is for another topic at this point, could you kindly post in the TIckets for Review thread? I will be able to see it when I do today’s sweep. Thanks!