• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRepeat Crashes from Corrupted FileSource
detown.2073
Target Source
#1 -

Game crashes quite frequently. I have been playing this game over two weeks now. At first, it would only happen once or twice a week, most of the time it happens when I load WvW maps, and now I can’t even load any of my characters.

I have verified archived over 10 times. I have repaired 6 times. I have reinstalled over 7 times, after the 4th time, I just made a copy of the folder and replaced when it started to re-download. I have run a memory diagnostic tool. I have scanned the HDD for bad sectors . I have updated the video card driver. I have tried dial down the frame rate and disable anti-aliasing and filtering. I have also tried to installed the game folder right under C: drive and the Desktop.

When I tried to start the game in safe mode with network, it just stuck 0% downloading. The only I thing haven’t tried that I know of is to re-install windows.

Sometime today, when I click on Gw2.exe, I would get a blue screen and shows “a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage”

I only have few hours to play every day and I am spending it on this problem.

Problem solved, attachment crash report and PC specification deleted!!

—> Crash <—
Assertion: A file was corrupted in the archive. Please run once with ‘-repair’!
File: ..\..\..\Game\Main\MainCli.cpp(584)
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 4084
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 15898
When: 2012-11-01T01:17:51Z 2012-10-31T18:17:51-07:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:01:15
Flags: 0

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Hi detown – Are you overclocking any of your hardware at all? This particular error message is why I ask:
Assertion: A file was corrupted in the archive. Please run once with ‘-repair’!
File: ..\..\..\Game\Main\MainCli.cpp(584)

Generally this error is attributed to overclocking.