• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagThe Battle of Claw Island Trebuchet BugSource
TheBridgyC.1834
Target Source
#1 -

I am trying to complete a the Lvl 50 Personal story step “The Battle of Claw Island” and whenever I get to the part where I am supposed to shoot at the boat with the Trebuchets I cannot. One Trebuchet says that I cannot fire in that direction no matter which direction I am facing and I cannot even even Use the other for some reason. I am playing as an Asuran Ele if that has anything to do with it. Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

We found and fixed the issue, but I don’t have an ETA for when it will be pushed to the Live servers. In the meantime, a workaround is to release the treb when your final shot is in the air, before the camera cutscene kicks in.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Do you have “Fast cast ground targeting” turned on in options? If so, it’s trying to target your current mouse cursor, which might not be a place the treb can reach.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Looks like my first post is about another bug, I apologize. From the sound of the original post, do you have “Fast cast ground targeting” turned on in options? If so, it’s trying to fire at your mouse cursor.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

As mentioned in this thread, you need to hold down the 2 button to charge up the shot. If you just tap it, the shot will not have enough power behind it to go anywhere.