• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagThe outstanding Hatchery BugSource
Ryan.2356
Target Source
#1 -

Please hear me out, I have a genuine question here.

Regarding the Hatchery Bug thread with 291 replies and 9,560 views, which has been locked: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/The-hatchery-bugged/page/6

Hundreds if not thousands of players are still stuck unable to play the game as intended while we wait for a fix.

It’s important for players in this situation to have a venue to vent their frustration while we wait for a fix. If the Game Bugs forum is not the appropriate place for this, where should our thread be so we can continue to talk about this until it’s been fixed?

Thanks for listening,
Ryan.2356

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

There’s another (long) thread on this topic. As noted, I’ve found and fixed the issue, it’ll be included in a future content update. I don’t have any specifics past that, sorry.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/The-hatchery-bugged/590083

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#86 -

Hey everyone,

We understand your frustration over this issue: not being able to continue with your story isn’t fun, especially as it’s a major feature of the game. While this issue is ongoing, there are a lot of questions in this thread, and I’d like to provide some updates and explain some of what’s going on behind the scenes.

When will this be fixed?
A fix for this issue will be coming soon; however, we do not have a specific ETA. I noticed there are some posts referencing the 5th as a fix date, but as far as I know, this is not accurate.

Why isn’t this being fixed now?
There are multiple reasons as to why we don’t immediately issues. One thing to keep in mind is that at any point during the day there are at least hundreds of thousands of people playing the game and not all of them are encountering the same issue. While we would love to fix issues as they come up, every build we run disrupts everyone’s game time. If you participated in any of our pre-launch stress tests where we constantly patched the game, you’ll remember how difficult it was to do things like complete dungeons, etc.

Whenever we patch the game, we also want to do our best to ensure that the content is stable; even small changes have the potential to affect other game systems and potentially cause larger issues, such as crashes, disconnects, and/or more broken content. By testing new content and changes for longer periods of time, we have more chances to find issues that could disrupt gameplay and cause these larger issues.

My story is blocked. What am I supposed to do now?
While we are working towards integrating this fix, we highly encourage you to try out other parts of the game. Have you tried playing sPvP? Jump to the mists and hop into a game. Check out WvW, or try your hand at crafting. If you’re hooked on story, create a new character and try a different story line; there are so many story paths you can take!

There are a lot of different parts to this game and a little something for everyone. While not everything is perfect, we’re constantly working to make it better.

Thank you for your patience and understanding everyone. We hope to get you back on track soon!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#221 -

We have found the issue and fixed it, and it’s going to pushed as part of an upcoming content update. I do not have a specific date at this time, but it is a priority and I apologize for the wait. Please understand that even “simple” fixes can affect seemingly unrelated content and require an extended testing period, which is why we’re not able to hotfix every issue immediately.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#227 -

This is another case of something that looks simple but is actually fairly complex. The issue is that the same day that I made the fix to this story step, some changes were made to the music system that required an update to all story steps. Unfortunately, this meant that my fixed version was no longer compatible with Live, since it had references to the new audio changes in it, but Live did not have the new changes yet. Ultimately, it was deemed too risky to rush out the new audio changes (since they would affect every story step), which is why this (seemingly minor) fix has been delayed for so long, and why it’s part of a major update, and hasn’t been pushed out with the smaller updates we’ve made since this bug was fixed.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#263 -

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/The-outstanding-Hatchery-Bug/665796

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#265 -

Doh, was responding to yet another thread on this story step, and must have mis-posted. Sorry!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#274 -

Update!

Barring any unforseen problems, the fix will go in next week’s plus-size content update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#282 -

To reiterate what I said earlier, I really wanted to push this fix a lot earlier, but some changes were also made to the audio system for ALL story steps and, unfortunately, the changes made the fixed story step incompatible with Live, so we had to wait until the entire change was ready to be pushed out. As a result, the upcoming update contains multiple fixes that have been made to different story steps over the past 2 weeks, but they all had to wait for the larger update. Thanks for your patience!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#301 -

I apologize if my reply seemed curt, but I’m trying to funnel people towards one thread so I don’t have to spend all day updating multiple threads with info.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#310 -

Covered in detail in:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/The-outstanding-Hatchery-Bug/

TL;DR version: fix will be in next week’s content update.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#313 -

It’s not a matter of priorities, it’s just bad timing, really. A general audio fix went in about 2 hours before the bug was reported here and I fixed it, and unfortunately, the audio fix left the story step incompatible with Live. In the upcoming update they’ll be adding the audio fix, so the fixed story step will also go in.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#373 -

At no point did we say that the bug is fixed on Live. It will be in the upcoming content update, later this week.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#398 -

That won’t work, because you won’t be on the same story step, so you won’t have the option to accept their progress.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#448 -

I said “upcoming content update”. We have not had one this week, but one is planned for the Lost Shores update later this week.