• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAuthenticator bug [Merged]Source
Dogblaster.6713
Target Source
#1 -

Hello,

So I have authenticator linked with my gw2 account. Untill today everything was fine, with every single login ive done I was asked for the authentication code. But after todays patch I can log in to my account without it, It doesnt require the authentication code, not even to the website even when it should.

Is this some kind of bug or what?

Please fix this.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

We are aware of this issue and are working to fix it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

Hi all,

First and foremost: please be aware that your accounts are still protected by the mobile authenticator at this time.

Here’s what has happened:

- We have been developing a “remember this network” feature for the mobile authenticator in line with the same feature used by email authentication

- This feature became active tonight during the planned maintenance updates

- For any account which has already selected to remember a network, the mobile authenticator will respect your existing settings

- This means that if you are logging in from a location that you permitted via email authentication, the mobile authenticator will not currently prompt you for a secondary code

Your account is still covered by the authenticator for logins from unverified locations.

This is the result of an oversight on my part and I’d like to apologize for any uncertainty and worry. We’ve double checked the systems and authentication is working correctly for unverified logins.

Unlinking the authenticator was temporarily disabled due to a configuration accident; this has been corrected and should work again.

For the moment we do not have a user interface for editing your “remembered” network locations. As a result, please be very cautious when selecting to allow new locations from the emails (or, in the near future, from the mobile authenticator login screen).

Thanks for bearing with us while we get the rest of the mobile authenticator features ready to go.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#101 -

For the moment we do not have a user interface for editing your “remembered” network locations. As a result, please be very cautious when selecting to allow new locations from the emails (or, in the near future, from the mobile authenticator login screen).

So this was a month ago. Will we get the possibility to remove such networks? I mean I do not want to edit them, I just want to reset/remove them. Please, that one button cannot be that much work for you… That option make all you security measures somehow useless… And I guess that many hacked accounts were only possbile to hack through this remember network function.

And in addition you dont let me change my eMail… I’m not very happy about all this…

Yes, you will be able to remove the networks in the future. Keep in mind the authenticator is still in beta testing. More features will be added as we get closer to final.

If you need to change your log-in name (your email address) on your account, please go ahead and contact Support — they’ll help you.