• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCharacter name change?Source
sean.6058
Target Source
#1 -

Hey, I was wondering if there’s currently a feature that allows you to change your character’s name. I’m asking because I have a level 50 that I would like to add a last name to. Since it’s at a fairly high level, I don’t want to recreate it just for the sake of having a different name, but it is something I would definitely want to change.

If this feature isn’t available, I think it’s something that should definitely be added to the game. I’d be willing to pay a lot of gems (even $15 which I think is what WoW charges) for a character rename service.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

We will offer character name changes through the Black Lion Trading Company/Gem Store in the future. It’ll be a while, I think, but it is coming.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

You’re right about the name/gender thing. We’re actually thinking about letting players know about that in one of our Knowledge Base articles, that with the Total Makeover your character would remain Pretty Polly but look like a football player.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

Sorry, I don’t know an ETA for this feature. I do know it is still planned in the future.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

Sorry, I don’t know an ETA for this feature. I do know it is still planned in the future.

Planned for the future sounds like it isn’t even being worked on right now. That is disappointing, I’ve been excited for this ever since makeover (which was awesome btw).

Oh no, that’s not what I meant to suggest. The release is planned for the future, but I’m sure it’s on a to-do list and heck, it could some real soon! The point is, don’t despair — we know this is a desirable feature — that’s why we added it to Guild Wars!

So it’s coming, and if there’s news on when, I’ll try to update you about that. Thanks for your patience!