• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagJust take NPC's out of your explore mode dungeons!Source
Ferris Bewler.9706
Target Source
#1 -

I have run almost every dungeon there is and a 100% FACT is that the NPC’s arena net puts in these dungeons are more of a pain in the butt than a help at all. So until you can get them to work CORRECTLY just take them the hell out. My gripe comes from 2 things with them.

1: They bug out! Not all the time but in EVERY SINGLE instance where you have an NPC a long for the ride, I have experienced them not working correctly. And hindering getting the final reward.. you know how pissed off that makes people.

2: NO I DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU! Get rid of the friggin option to talk to the NPC once the story is going. The last thing I need when im focusing on trying to dodge a 1 shot ability from a boss, is a that blasted NPC green bar on my screen asking me to talk! it gets in the way of all your interaction buttons and your looting as well, just get rid of it!

I pray to the heavens above that some dev reads this… its annoying the living hell out of your players.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

To my knowledge we’ll be keeping the NPCs who accompany you through the dungeon. We do however need to enhance their AI and modify their skills to make them more valuable.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

What would be amazingly helpful is if you could talk to your npc and they had a “follow me” directive, and a “sit, stay” directive. We could tell Randall to not be in GL’s crotch, and stay with us, and during Dwayna, could have him follow our melee, and not our ranged kiters. Keep it from being exploited by having them leash like normal if you get too far.

I like this idea.