• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCompromised Account Reports [merged]Source
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1 -

If your account was compromised (hacked), please post in this thread. You will find helpful information from Support, the means to contact them, what to tell them when you get in touch, and more.

• Contact Support and file a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page.
  • For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

Players can also help other players with information about how they handled their account compromise. I ask only that you keep the thread positive and helpful towards one another and towards those who are or will be doing our best to help you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Some one is on my Account with the IP and Location WA , US (70.32.34.197) please fix this, i have been fighting them and the Chinese players off my account, no one knows my ACC info and this computer is clean k thanks bai!

Please note that while the team is very prompt in answering tickets, they cannot do so instantly. And posting multiple times in the forums about an individual account compromise is the wrong way to get it addressed. You must contact Support directly for help. Use the “Ask a Question” tab to submit a ticket.

For tips on how to expedite the help that you receive, please see this post.

And please not: locator software is not so fool-proof that you can know with certainty about a hacker’s location. Share the information you have with Support, by all means, but I suggest not trying to solve this face-to-face. It’s far, far too risky in the sense of possible error.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#16 -

My wife’s account was hacked on the 17th of this month. She found out when she check her email and saw an email stating the email address associated with her account has change. “Hope this was you” ….Really…. Hope this was you ….. what is that, a bad joke. Well not laughing… She has opened a ticket with customer service and keeps getting the same automated response asking for information to verify the she is the one who purchased the account, she has give the information each time and still waiting… The major flaw is that Anet allows email changes without verifying the the email holder is doing it. It is a major hole in your security.

Any help from Gaile Gray or any other moderator would be appreciated.

What is the 12-digit ticket number? I can check into this tomorrow, but if the ticket is more than 3 days old — and I suspect it is — I’d appreciate if you post in the “Tickets for Review” sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum. I will do what I can to help!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

Please immediately contact Support directly for help. Use the “Ask a Question” tab to submit a ticket.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#20 -

About 5 minutes ago I tried to log in to play and I got an error saying that I engaged or assisted in the trade of gold and gems for real world money. I then checked my Email address and saw that I had gotten four messages saying that someone from (see below) was trying to access my account from another area and needed confirmation. I pressed deny and there was an error. Putting 2+2 together I realized that someone from China hacked me and messed with my account, framing me to make a quick buck. I understand that this is in no way NCsoft’s fault and that account is probably trashed by now, is there any way you guys can help a man that had been convicted under false pretenses?

Address: 113.240.223.88
City: Changshahsien
Region: 11

I agree that it sounds very much like your account was compromised. I suggest you contact Support directly for help. Use the “Ask a Question” tab to submit a ticket.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#21 -

ticket number is 121022-000090.

Thank you Gaile

Ok, that ticket was filed within the last couple of hours. I am confident you will hear from the team very soon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

Ok guys its pretty obvious that the guild wars game is having a major hacking issue right now. I am reading these forms and hundreds if not thousands of players are getting banned accounts for "taking part in or assisting in gold or real money trading etc…

Would someone please kindly release some form off statement as soon as possible to let everyone including myself know what the issue is and how you plan on rectifying it…we all love guild wars very much and this experience is begging to tarnish it.

Thank you.

What you are stating is not true.

Accounts are stolen every day. It’s a sad fact of life that players use passwords on multiple locations, use a weak password, share their account, or do something else that results in the account’s theft.

We have not experienced a security issue. These are individual issues. And while you’re seeing perhaps a dozen posts a day about this subject, hundreds of thousands of people are playing without incident. I believe that Mike O’Brien stated that the percentage of people whose accounts were hacked was about one tenth of one percent of all account holders.

Please do not post alarmist comments about “major hacking issues” that do not exist. Each person whose account was compromised should submit a ticket to Support and, for faster service, should provide the information in the “How to submit a ticket” thread above.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#36 -

If it were a hack on Anet’s side, would not the problem be far more prevalent than just 0.1% of the population?

Yes, exactly. This is not an issue with ArenaNet, NCSOFT, or Guild Wars 2 security. Each of these cases is individual and each of them needs to be addressed privately with the account owner by submitting a ticket on the “Ask a Question” tab of the support page: support.guildwars2.com.

Everyone — this thread is not intended to address your account issue. We are not encouraging people to create a ticket and post here — there’s absolutely no need to do that because the team will work with you individually on your personal account issue. I created this thread as a housekeeping measure and to let you know we will help you! But it’s truly not productive to post random threads on the forums about the subject.

You need to contact Support and they will help you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#48 -

As an answer to the general question, yes, when we discover that an account was compromised, we investigate thoroughly and do our very best to track and close all accounts involved. I can remember a case when one reported hacking resulted in 38 closed accounts!

While it’s true that we do not have the capacity to restore (roll-back) accounts quite yet, we will be able to restore accounts in the future. We are very excited about this, because it will mean that innocent victims who request the service immediately following return of access will suffer fewer ill effects from an account compromise.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#85 -

Please note that if you have filed a ticket, you have done all you need to do to get help in retrieving your stolen account. You do not need to post here to follow up, and posting here will not expedite your ticket.

As mentioned initially, contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page and review this post for info on what details you should provide to help resolve the issue.