• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagSecrets in the Swamp - Possibly bugged?Source
Zaxares.5419
Target Source
#1 -

It seems that many players (myself included) are having a devil of a time trying to get the Shadow Behemoth to spawn, as discussed in this thread. I myself have waited around in Queensdale for 5 hours without ever seeing the Swamp shift past the “dormant” stage. (Some players have reported waiting for even longer!) We’re now wondering if something might be bugged with the quest chain that is causing it not to start.

Could a dev look into this and check whether something is indeed broken? It may help us if you give us a hint as to what it is that triggers the start of the event, so that more players can help test.

For the players, post here with your server if you have not seen the Shadow Behemoth or his meta-event chain start despite waiting in or around the Swamp for more than 2 or 3 hours. That way, if it is a bug, the devs can probably jump-start individual servers.

Server: Tarnished Coast

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#16 -

We’re looking into this issue now, but as it’s definitely an edge case (working on some servers, not others), it may take us more time to identify what’s causing the problem. Thank you in advance for your patience as we work this out.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#38 -

Thank you for your patience, everyone! There were a couple blocked events that needed to trigger the Shadow Behemoth; fortunately, we now have potential fixes for these issues in the works: he should be back soon!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#48 -

While it looks like the events chaining to Shadow Behemoth got fixed on some servers, we found some additional points that are stopping it from spawning on others that we’ll be working on.

On that note, we haven’t been able to duplicate the issue with portals/the Shadow Behemoth being untargetable. It is intended that the Shadow Behemoth is only targetable after the portals are destroyed during the event. I don’t know if that’ll help explain some of the weirdness that’s being described, but we aren’t seeing the same problem on our end.

If you continue to see the portals/behemoth as untargetable when he does spawn, please provide additional information, such as your profession, server, etc. so we can investigate further. Thank you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#50 -

I occasionally get a bug where I can’t target any enemies with the mouse (but using the keyboard for targeting still works). It’s not a bug that happens a lot, and a relog usually fixes it. Also I don’t use the mouse to target very often so there’s probably times that I have the bug and don’t even notice it. It’s possible that this bug is responsible for some people not being able to target the portals/behemoth.

Good point; I could see that being the case. So, for clarification, we are aware of the bug where you can become unable to mouse-click targets, and it is a separate bug.