• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRecent Market Shifts. Follow-up: PrecursorsSource
ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#1 -

We’ve received a large amount of feedback about Legendaries becoming unreachable. This is actually a topic we’ve been tracking for quite some time. To ease your minds I am here to say that it’s something we’ve been watching and we’ve been listening to your feedback. You can expect to begin to see changes addressing the issue starting with our next build.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#82 -

What I dont understand is… why the buttershmackle didn’t A-Net do an in-game survey… to see how many people would want a changed to precursors, lodestones, etc.. And they would have more legit numbers on population’s happiness.. rather than just take into consideration this supposedly ‘large feedback’ which is basically the same people posting on one thread over and over again…

Actually we have pretty scientific methods for determining how players feel.

Surveys have a tendency to have two major flaws:
1. There is a massive sample bias in those willing to fill out a survey
2. People don’t say what they feel on surveys

Secondarily, all can rest assured that Legendaries will remain legendary.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#84 -

They can still be useful in the proper place.
For example, they’re much more effective when asking people what they liked, than when asking people what they didn’t like. It also helps for people to be perfectly informed, which requires they complete a survey directly after performing the task the survey is based on.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#87 -

Very true. It’s also quite difficult to write a survey that doesn’t produce biased results via the wording or method of the questioning.
I think we may have derailed this thread, as it’s about precursors

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#414 -

“Hey let’s rez this old thread to point out the promises not kept and hope that this time they will take a hint and change things for the better.”

To which I can only say : Roflcopter.

After that post the Mystic forge rates on precursors were increased. We’ve moved into more longterm plans for precursors (we’re still watching), as you know, but that promise was upheld.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#418 -

…PS increasing something like .0000001 to .00000012….

That’s a 20% change. I don’t understand your simile.