• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flagaccount ban/ticket questionSource
miles w.3218
Target Source
#1 -

i just sent a ticket because i have been banned and i dont understand why and now this ‘Reblocking as hacked due to petition from legitimate IP location.’ is popping up above my ticket, anyone have an idea as to what it means?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

thats the ban screen, that pops up for me

This is not a “ban” screen. You were suspended for unacceptable behavior, as explained in the screen you saw when trying to log into the game.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#24 -

Whether there is a filter or not is immaterial. We do not and will not force people to use a filter — it’s there as an imperfect means of trying to cull some offensive usage, but it’s not there as a “license to swear.”

You may not swear or use offensive language or names in our game. A real-life context is: I may or may not have a lock on my front door. But you cannot waltz into my house without my permission if I don’t have a lock. Same thing — the user may or may not be using the word filter, but you can’t use offensive chat.

Lastly, people don’t get suspended because they are reported. They are reviewed when we note the behavior or when it is reported, but action is only taken when it’s appropriate.