• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagWill no longer be posting after this.Source
prenavo.3926
Target Source
#1 -

I believe the forum mods are being a tid bit heavy handed on the infraction button. I’ve gotten two infractions today alone one of them I could actually understand except there were people in the same topic posting exactly the same useless thing that I did. Perhaps removing their reply would have made me feel a little less singled out.
The other I do not believe I deserved at all as it was not inflammatory, insensitive or otherwise against any of the written rules of conduct that I personally am aware of. It was a legit thought. I don’t care to be made to feel singled out by the moderators in this game, nor do I care to feel as though my posts are not good enough for anyone to read. I can see infractions given out to verbal abuse, straying far from the topic (as I did in one post that was infracted. I admit to that one, although I wasn’t the only one.)
So here is the deal. I’ll no longer post to these forums, even though the majority of my posts are ones that do nothing more than praise the game. And yes, I’ve sent the email. For the record, I don’t think infractions are a good thing. They tend to make people feel small. I don’t want to feel small so enjoy all your infracting. I’m sure this post will get one as well.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hello Prenavo.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which will be passed on to the team. If you feel any action taken by a moderator was inappropriate, send an e-mail to [email protected] and the issue will be looked into.

Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#3 -

Perhaps it’s important to note that “infraction” doesn’t mean the account has necessarily suffered any time-out or penalty. Most “infractions” are in fact simply a warning, a means to tell people to follow the Forum Code of Conduct. We certainly do not mean to drive away good posters, but simply aim to maintain a pleasant and reasonable tone and a high percentage of solid, contributory posts.