• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBug with cut and paste..Source
Lheimroo.2946
Target Source
#1 -

Okay, noticed this last night – cutting and pasting from a notepad window to a reply text window on the forums.

The forum took my cut-and-paste text .. and repeated portions of it several times.

Basically, it took the last section of my text

Basically it took the last section of my text and kept doing this sorta

Basically it took the last section of my text and kept doing this sorta thing to it,

Basically it took the last section of my text and kept doing this sorta thing to it, repeating a section near the end and repeating it with more added on

Basically it took the last section of my text and kept doing this sorta thing to it, repeating a section near the end and repeating it with more added on till it finally reached the end of the post.

This was in the preview window and on the finalized post, but not in the text window. Sorry for the repetition above; I really couldn’t think of a way to make what I was saying clearer.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

This is a result of using the double-dots (..) in your text. It has something to do with textile markup, though I am unsure if it is a bug with the markup implementation or an undocumented feature of textile, but we are exploring having it disabled. Unfortunately, there are other, higher priority issues that are being addressed first.

So, for now, just don’t use double-dots in your text.