• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagTopics being merged/moved count as infractions!Source
BrunoBRS.5178
Target Source
#1 -

it took me two suspensions to realize it, but every time you move a topic, everyone that gets the message “a topic you’ve posted on has been moved” or “a topic you’ve posted on has been merged” gets stealth-infractioned. how can i be so sure?

well, my first suspension, a few weeks back, i had a clean slate, no infractions. but being an active member of the community, i’ve had a fair share of topics that end up being merged or moved with time. at first, i thought it was just a moderator suspending me for no reason. i didn’t realize until the second suspension that the infraction/suspension system is automatic.

as a result, i’ve gotten a 2 days suspension a few weeks back, and just got out of a 4 days suspension because i post on a lot of topics, and topics inevitably get moved/closed.

for the love of all that is holy, fix that please. and if possible, at least clean my suspension history, and those stealth infraction points of all of the affected.

and before anyone mentions there are two infractions on that inbox, know that 1- they are the only two infractions i ever got (and i disagree with them, but the forums email doesn’t reply after weeks, so what can you do), and 2- both were after my first suspension, which means you can be suspended without a real infraction.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

it took me two suspensions to realize it, but every time you move a topic, everyone that gets the message “a topic you’ve posted on has been moved” or “a topic you’ve posted on has been merged” gets stealth-infractioned. how can i be so sure?

well, my first suspension, a few weeks back, i had a clean slate, no infractions. but being an active member of the community, i’ve had a fair share of topics that end up being merged or moved with time. at first, i thought it was just a moderator suspending me for no reason. i didn’t realize until the second suspension that the infraction/suspension system is automatic.

as a result, i’ve gotten a 2 days suspension a few weeks back, and just got out of a 4 days suspension because i post on a lot of topics, and topics inevitably get moved/closed.

for the love of all that is holy, fix that please. and if possible, at least clean my suspension history, and those stealth infraction points of all of the affected.

and before anyone mentions there are two infractions on that inbox, know that 1- they are the only two infractions i ever got (and i disagree with them, but the forums email doesn’t reply after weeks, so what can you do), and 2- both were after my first suspension, which means you can be suspended without a real infraction.

This is not true. The infraction system and PMs sent for moderator actions (merging/moving/splitting) operate on different systems. As stated in my post in News and Announcements. Only infractions that carry points contribute to forum suspensions. What you experienced is a bug that caused your infraction PMs to not be received. This is the highest-priority forum bug at the moment, and a fix is coming down the pipe. If you are not receiving infraction PMs, please email [email protected] to get a full report of your infraction history. Be aware, because of this bug, there is a backlog of emails and it may take some time to receive a response.