• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagNeed help with "screen tearing"Source
StankyUndies.9236
Target Source
#1 -

Iono if I could exactly call it that, that is why it is in quotations. What is happening is when I load up the guild wars 2 launcher where you log in and then play, my screen goes absolutely kitten nuts. It’s somewhat hard to explain so bear with me, it’ll start gettin flashing black lines across the screen and I’ll see duplicates of the screen itself flashing very fast like down on my task bar and of the guild wars 2 launcher all over the screen. NOW this doesn’t just do this when i start guild wars 2 it’ll do it very rarely everynow and then for less than a second with same effect. It does howevr happen EVERYTIME I start Guild Wars 2 and it gets very bad and stays that way till I close it. It is just this game that does it as well for when I launched D3 it did not get the same effect. Now if I try and print screen this effect it does not show up when I paste it to paint. tried several times. I unplugged my hdmi chord from monitor and graphics chord checked all the connections played around in catalyst control center but didn’t do much only stuff I knew might help but couldn’t really find anything, updated my graphics card still does it. SO, any suggestions? Or need more information please just tell me what I need to do, I’d really like to be able to participate in the event this weekend!!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Hello,

It’s possible you may simply need to update your drivers from from the video you had posted this could potentially be a hardware issue as well. I would first start with making sure you have a clean installation of the latest AMD drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

Hi there, glad to hear the updated drivers helped with the launcher issues you were having. If you would like further support with the screen going to the desktop when loading a map then definitely create a technical support ticket so that we can better assist you one on one.