• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCan't Open GW2Source
JungleNin.8379
Target Source
#1 -

Guild Wars 2 won’t start, that simple. I was playing not even five hours ago, decided to head back on to finish my dailies, and now it won’t even start. Nothing has changed on the computer to cause this, firewall/internet connection is the same as it’s been.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Hi JungleNin, I’d like to collect a Game Advisor report so I can look into why you might be experiencing this issue. You can download the Game Advisor application at the link below:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Please note that you will be automatically prompted to install Game Advisor upon clicking the link. Once you’ve generated the report, you can attach it to this thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

Hi Cael, as far as your case is concerned, I have reviewed your Game Advisor report and the crashes you are experiencing are the result of a known issue between Windows 32-bit Operating Systems and certain Nvidia cards. Due to the RAM limitations of the 32-bit Operating system the game is trying to run off of more RAM than is available which is causing the memory crashes. 32-bit Windows only uses approximately 3.5G total RAM including any video memory. The only options for a resolution in this case would either be to upgrade to a 64-bit operating system or to adjust your system settings to not use more than 3GB of memory. Unfortunately this is not something we can assist with doing as it’s a pretty delicate process which can cause severe damage to your system if done improperly.

Please understand that this issue is not isolated to Guild Wars 2 alone. Any application that will run or require more RAM than what 32-bit operating systems can handle will result in an out of memory crash.
We are aware of this issue and it is being looked into but we do not have an ETA on any kind of resolution other than what I had suggested previously.