Target Source
#1 -

just got one mid free tourny on 2nd map

gg anet"

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#38 -

Hello everyone.

Just a quick note to let you know that I have merged threads that were reporting this bug with the loading screen and moved it all together to its appropriate section, the Game Bugs subforum. Rest assured that the team is aware of this and working currently to fix it.

Thanks for all your reports and your patience!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#104 -

As Eva mentioned earlier, we’re working to fix this issue. To assist us in doing so, we’d like to try and identify commonalities between everyone experiencing this.

For starters, what race, gender, and profession are you? Which server are you on?

Here’s what I’m getting from what’s been reported so far:

• Occurs in PvE, PvP, and WvW, but encountered most frequently in PvP due to how often players reload the same zone.
  • Occurs when reloading into the current zone and not or when entering a new zone.

Additionally, if there are any steps you can take to consistently reproduce this issue, please let us know as it would help us to identify the root of the problem. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#128 -

[Removed] This information is no longer needed. Thank you to everyone who provided a .log file!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#129 -

In looking into this further, our programmers would appreciate it if you could provide them with .log files from when you run into this issue as it will help them identify the problem.

Setting up your client to create a .log file

1. Create a shortcut to GW2
  2. Right-click the shortcut and select properties
  3. At the end of the target line, add the command line argument “-log” without the quotation marks (see attached image for example)
  4. Launch the client – the .log file will be created after the client is closed

Following these steps will create a file called Gw2.log in your Documents\Guild Wars 2 directory after you close your client. If you run into the loading screen problem, please attach that file in a reply to this thread.

NOTE: relaunching the client will erase the .log file, so please save and attach the file immediately after encountering this issue!

Thank you very much for your help, everyone!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#133 -

I have seen the endless loading screen every night that I have played since the last patch. It has happened on everyone of my characters, even the new ones I have created. Depending on how many times I need to re-spawn, I rarely make it all the way through a match because of this. It has made me look to other games for the time being, so I just hopped on to try to do this log thing for you guys. Hope I did it right!

Thanks for the .log file!

We’re still working on figuring out exactly what’s causing this issue, but we won’t need any more of these. I will continue to update as more information comes in.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#298 -

Hey everyone,

We’re sorry to hear that some of you are still experiencing this bug! We added some additional data gathering code to the -log command line argument in the last patch that should help us to further hone in on this issue for those of you that are still experiencing it.

If you are experiencing infinite or long loading screens that last for around two minutes, please follow the instructions below and reply with the results as an attachment. Thank you for your help in tracking this down!

1. Create a shortcut to your Gw2.exe file
2. Right-click the shortcut, and at the end of the command line, add -log (see the attached image for an example)
3. Launch the client
4. If you run into the loading screen bug, close the client and navigate to your Documents>Guild Wars 2 folder
5. Reply to this thread with the GW2.log file as an attachment.

NOTE: DO NOT restart the client as it will erase the contents of the .log file.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#300 -

Ok did what you said and I don’t see a log file .. I see ArenaNet text doc, GW2 text doc, local.dat file, and verify results text document. I added the -log as explained above but didn’t work?

I’m sorry, I should have explained that a bit better. I’ve clarified the instructions, but basically the GW2 text doc is the .log file.