• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flagand it has begun...Source
adobo.1749
Target Source
#1 -

…warrior running MF and constantly dying leaving us to pick up the slack. he died so much his armor broke and still wouldn’t repair. he fought the boss in his underwear and during fights, he transformed into the candy corn monster, for the MF buff.

Now me and my brother who were leading the group were very patient. we knew from the get go, as soon as he died from the first encounter, that he was running in MF but we were very patient up until the last boss. I hate being that elitist jerk that will ask you for you to link your gear. I’ve never done that.

Up until now.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

People using MF gear can be a hindrance to a party if the player isn’t very skilled. PUGing always come with dangers – but I find the most dangerous thing is a glass cannon stat allocation combined with berserker gear. Great for damage, but if a dungeon Vet sneezes on you, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Personally, I run with a mixed stat set for dungeons. I have about 15% MF without consumables, and spread the rest through a mix of toughness, power, and crit chance. I pretty much remove my +crit% in favor for MF%. I play a very mobile ranger as well, and know the mechanics of combat pretty well, so more often than not I am carrying a team of PUGs, or even my friends.

The truth of the matter is that even glass cannon builds can be possible in the hands of a highly skilled players who know exactly what to do. It all boils down to the player skill and their knowledge of the challenge at hand.

My personal approach to stats and skills are based around utility and an even spread. Min-maxing has it’s potential, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I am no help to my team lying dead on the ground, and team-play is more important than personal output, so as long as I can be up helping my team, I am valuable.