• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagIs this a casual game?Source
Revolution.6301
Target Source
#1 -

Hi, I’m new to this community well the forum community to be exact. I’ve been playing the game for over 2 months now.
So far I’ve enjoyed the game but the thing is I am casual. I have school and at the very best each night MAYBE an hour or so. See this is where the whole idea ‘this is a casual game’ starts falling apart on me.

As a casual player I can’t on most given days:
Dungeon -over an hour for each run. really??
This new factuals dungeon is for a new group over 2 hours really???

What I can do:
Kill a dragon
Get a heart or 2 done.
Or do the bottom.

Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind,Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind, grind.

I’m level 80 and thats all I’ve heard that they’re is left to do. WellI personally can tolerate grind up to a point but if I have to grind somthing over 50 times (such as most dungeons) well my patience weens. I was told that this game would be a revolution. SO MANY TIMES. Well it is in some aspect however the core ‘we shall make you grind for the sake of grinding’ was promised to be avoided. Thank god I did not start trying for dungeon armor since ascended is out. What a waste that would’ve been.

Oh on a side note: I enjoyed how cooking ingredents like chili peppers can’t be bought via karma anymore. Well that means I can just GRIND for some more.

So I am asking you this: how is this a casual game? It seems hardcore to me. At a time I was thinking of getting a legendary but it seems almost impossible now. I want to do dungeons but the thought of doing the same one over 50 times well makes me cringe. In guildwars1 I eventually got ‘elite’ armor it took a bit of time BUT it was within reason. Ha getting ‘ascended’ the new ‘elite’ seems absurd.

To be honest I feel like aload of promises were made (wait this sounds like politicans are talking?) and aload of contradictory actions were taken (are we sure they are not politicans?)

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#45 -

Hello everybody,
has this conversation has derailed, it will now be locked.
Thanks for understanding.