• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagSwamp is the best fractalSource
kKagari.6804
Target Source
#1 -

We finished it in 10 minutes. Easiest Fractal by far. We hope to get into it every time now instead of completely laggy fractals like Ascalon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

Now, this has no indication of difficulty, but both swamp and aquatic are easy as heck, and the fastest fractals. Whenever I see them Im more than happy.

Eesh, I built both of those… guess I need to toughen them up a bit…

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#19 -

The jellyfish has several neat attacks, but the way we damage it is still just normal damage the whole time. You could perhaps make the electric lamp things around the arena hurt the jellyfish too/give it a buff that makes it take more damage. Now players are rewarded for kiting in 3 dimensions, as well as risk/reward of standing inside the electricity.

Spoiler alert: They do! It’s just a bit difficult to perceive, but if you leash the jelly into it, it actually takes some pretty severe damage. It also hurts the spawned jellies.

That aside, my boss designs are an area that I would do well to improve upon.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#35 -

I design them on paper, present them in a meeting to some other designers, make adjustments to them based on feedback, build/script it, play it, get feedback on it, adjust based on feedback rinse/repeat until it ships.
Other times someone else builds it based on the designs, but we work together on reacting to feedback and hooking it up in the game.

The meeting about the dolphin section garnered a lot of laughs when I presented it. To be honest I came up with the idea at home after a Rum-and-coke. It got people excited in the meeting, which made it a fun design to work on and get feedback for.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#38 -

You can climb and jump over the walls that appear.

We’re well aware of it, and I feel fine with it. The walls that appear can be random, and I’m always in favor of player ingenuity to solve time sensitive problems.