• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagUpgrading Trail with Retail Hard copy of gameSource
Kaimick.5109
Target Source
#1 -

So I invited three of my friends to come and join the Free trail weekend. 1 out of 3 of my friends actually played it for longer than 1 hour and loves it. She use to be a WoW dedicated player and now is gong to be forsaking World of Warcraft for GW2 every night besides Wednesday and Tuesday. So since she is a real life friend I spotted her the cash to get GW2 retail copy.
Now problem was she lives in Ohio and I California. So I ran off to Best Buy and picked up a copy of GW2 for $62.64. Got home and passed her the code for her new game (Serial code) So she could upgrade her trail to a full account. Also so she could get the booster pack for doing it during the free trail weekend. This started at 7pm PST. She pressed the in game link and it wanted her CC she wasn’t doing that and neither was I. She went to the registration site and Entered the Serial code and it told her it was an invalid code. So after an hour of me scanning in the Serial code insert ( along with all the other information on it and the receipt of purchase and her trying time and time and time again, I decided to jump on her account ( with her permission) and tried to figure it out. Sure enough every time I would try to upgrade or register the serial code it would say information was invalid and or server timed out, or asked if I wanted to link her account to my account.

I know the devs are usually pretty good about answering and getting issues resolved. My suggestion to her was wait until 7am PST and try and log on it will say your trail is done and ask for a product serial code. The code I gave and emailed scans to her should work no problem. My issue is the fact that she deserves the boosters packs and I have a feeling that if she waits she wont get them. If anything Anet she deserves the boosters for simply forsaking World of Warcraft and coming here lol.
Any how her user name is stated below
Yunabraska.7836
If any Devs of Anet can either Email or whisper me in response to this I again have proof of purchase of the game before the Trail weekend ended. There is also proof that I loged onto her account from California and you will see I went to the support page and all over looking for a solution. Please please help.

Maybe someone else has a solution to this problem any advice would be greatly appreciate it.

Again we have the retail Hard copy of the game, not the digital.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Kaimick — If the advice from XxTAFxX does not work for you, I really encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

I’d like to help you more directly, but this really does require individual agent assistance, because there is sensitive information that we do not want to have shared on the forums, such as the serial code, registration info, etc. Thanks for understanding.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

Kaimick — If the advice from XxTAFxX does not work for you, I really encourage you to contact Support by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They will be able to assist you. For tips on what information to provide in a ticket, please read this post.

I’d like to help you more directly, but this really does require individual agent assistance, because there is sensitive information that we do not want to have shared on the forums, such as the serial code, registration info, etc. Thanks for understanding.

Yeah I put in a Support ticket about this, my main concern at this point is weather or not her account is going to be upgraded with the hard copy of them game and if she will receive the booster pack since the game was purchased prior to the end of the event?

Do you think you could shed a lil light on that? I realize you can’t fix it I am more just asking weather or not all the work she did over the trail weekend is going to be a waste since we didn’t do it digitally. Thank you for your response in this matter just a little information about the situation is all I am looking for.

It’s my understanding that if you upgrade during the weekend your friend will get the bonus items. Please have her mention it in her ticket and I feel sure we will take care of her. It will not happen automatically, but again, an agent will make it happen.

While the “flow” is a little easier when purchasing through buy.guildwars2.com, we do want those who joined the trial and purchased the game to get their goodies.