• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGraphics card makes a weird noiseSource
David.2765
Target Source
#1 -

Hey, was hoping you guys could help me out.
This Friday something weird started happening. When I log on, everything is fine until I select a character. As soon as I get in, my graphics card (GTX 670) starts making this weird noise and the screen starts acting weird. The strange thing is that when I downloaded League of Legends, just to see if the same thing would happen it did not. This confuses me a great deal. Is this a matter of hardware, software or is it something happening because of guild wars? I’ve tried different drivers for the graphics card but I still get the same result.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

Hi David, I would like to ensure that your computer devices are running at the correct speeds. To do this we will be using a 3rd party program called GPU-Z which will give us more detailed information to help us with troubleshooting your issue.

1. Visit http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2157/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.6.4.html

2. Click on “Download Now”

3. You will be prompted to select a location to download it from. Please select the location closest to you. (If in the US select one of the US options etc)

4. Once the file is downloaded, please double-clik it to begin installing it.

5. Select “yes” and then “Next” and then “Install”

6. Once the install is complete click “Close” and the program should automatically run.

7. Make sure the “Graphics” tab is active and click the camera icon in the upper right corner. 8.

8. In the menu that pops up, select “Save to File”. Choose your desktop as your save location and name the file.

Once you’ve done this, you should be able to attach the file to the thread by clicking “More posting & formatting options…”