• Curse Sites
Help
Regional Flag"Old" Dungeons - why were they scrapped?Source
Shiren.9532
Target Source
#1 -

Honestly, there are some pretty horrible bugs and game design flaws in the “old” dungeons. I love fractals, but look at this sub forum – no-one talks about the broken old content that was never fixed. Finding a group for it is becoming increasingly difficult (and we still have no LFG tool) because of FotM. Why is ArenaNet working so hard on pushing out new content, making the old rewards redundant, and not fixing the original dungeons?

I have done AC too many times with groups that break up, often hostile to each other, over obstructed graveling burrows. Why was this bug never fixed? Why was there not one less fractal dungeon and instead that team was instead put on fixing this encounter in AC path 2, either fixing the bug or reworking the entire encounter so it did work? If you can’t fix the encounter, replace it with a working one. I have done this dungeon so many times and every time I get a group inexperienced with dealing with the bug and we wipe, I get really angry that you guys haven’t dealt with the content. There was a time for patience, but we’ve reached the point where the old content is becoming redundant before it was ever fixed.

Can we get an update on the direction the old dungeons are going to go in? Where are ArenaNet’s priorities? We keep getting content patches while some servers are still unable to access Arah. We get new dungeons while old ones are still broken. Couldn’t this time and resources be spent fixing up the existing options (or even expanding them) instead of pushing out new stuff? What is going on?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

We haven’t scrapped the old dungeons. We tried something new with Fractals, and so far it’s been very successful. I was on the team that built fractals, and now I am on the bug-fixing live team with a focus on our ‘old’ dungeons to fix bugs in there and see what I can do to spice them up a bit.

We’re certainly not going to just sweep the old dungeons under the rug. I will be working very hard on improving the dungeons.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#37 -

AC 2 (Detha) is also consistently bugged with a brick wall progress stopper: if you don’t kill the breeder in the spike trap room on the first try, you are hosed and just wasted X amount of time. Detha will not start the turret repair sequence if you fail to ace the Breeder encounter on the first attempt.

I just tested this out about 6 times and couldn’t get it to happen in the way you describe (let them kill Detha, then succeed the event). Could you give me some more info in the form of a PM? I haven’t heard of this one being reported before either, so I’ll alert our QA team to look into this chain.

Edit:
Also folks, I know everyone here is very passionate, but please don’t pick at each other. Let’s keep things clean and constructive.