• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagBuying online still priced at £49.99 Why?Source
Solar Brink.1490
Target Source
#1 -

After the free trial weekend a couple of my friends are planning to buy the full version and one of them pointed out to me that buying online is still priced at £49.99 when the disc can be bought from a retail store or other online stores for merely £35.
Why is this? we are past beta now and theres no extra benefit other than instant delivery which isnt worth the extra £15. I thought that the advantage of selling online was that you cut out the middleman and save on packedging and discs that hold old versions of the client.
I had to convince my friend he could get the game much cheaper buying in store because he was instantly convinced that the price was ridiculous.
I apologise if this should have been posted in suggestions but I was wondering if there will be a sale or price reduction towards christmas? This game would be a fun gift for a few friends.
Thank you.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

After the free trial weekend a couple of my friends are planning to buy the full version and one of them pointed out to me that buying online is still priced at £49.99 when the disc can be bought from a retail store or other online stores for merely £35.
Why is this? we are past beta now and theres no extra benefit other than instant delivery which isnt worth the extra £15. I thought that the advantage of selling online was that you cut out the middleman and save on packedging and discs that hold old versions of the client.
I had to convince my friend he could get the game much cheaper buying in store because he was instantly convinced that the price was ridiculous.
I apologise if this should have been posted in suggestions but I was wondering if there will be a sale or price reduction towards christmas? This game would be a fun gift for a few friends.
Thank you.

Yep, the price does vary, even from week to week, depending on who is selling and whether they’re offering a special of some kind. Our price on the website remains stable, in part because we leave most sales to our partners and we just maintain a steady price. However, we’ve had sales, too, and players can watch for them in the coming weeks.

Playing the trial and then upgrading through a retail purchase is perfectly fine, and if someone has difficulty the Support Team is set to help out.