• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagLinking a new key to existing account?Source
Drachdhar.7016
Target Source
#1 -

While I am still angry at the way my former purchase in your online store was handled I’ve decided that I might just buy a physical copy of the game, I’m bored.
How would I go about linking the new key to my existing account then? The options on my account page is after all severely limited and hardly very informative.
Or can I just create a new account with the same email, since I never actually got to play at all the other time around that would not bother me.

PS: More for support ticket people really. When you respond to a buyer who has had his/her purchase flagged as fraudulent, despite them saying that is not the case etc, use a better and more polite wording in the ticket response. Being accused of fraud is simply very offensive to some people, especially when they are innocent.
Just say that “An issue was encountered with your payment and we did not receive it properly which may be due to a number of reasons, bank error, a system error on our side or something else. We recommend purchasing a physical copy from a retail store and using that serial key to verify your account.” or something similiar.
That response would not have pissed anyone off most of the time, especially if they get refunded and its done quickly.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

While I am still angry at the way my former purchase in your online store was handled I’ve decided that I might just buy a physical copy of the game, I’m bored.
How would I go about linking the new key to my existing account then? The options on my account page is after all severely limited and hardly very informative.
Or can I just create a new account with the same email, since I never actually got to play at all the other time around that would not bother me.

PS: More for support ticket people really. When you respond to a buyer who has had his/her purchase flagged as fraudulent, despite them saying that is not the case etc, use a better and more polite wording in the ticket response. Being accused of fraud is simply very offensive to some people, especially when they are innocent.
Just say that “An issue was encountered with your payment and we did not receive it properly which may be due to a number of reasons, bank error, a system error on our side or something else. We recommend purchasing a physical copy from a retail store and using that serial key to verify your account.” or something similiar.
That response would not have pissed anyone off most of the time, especially if they get refunded and its done quickly.

I like your feedback! I hate to say “You’re flagged for fraud” when it could be something completely outside their control, like the bank refusing to pay, a bug on our side, any number of things. So thank you for sharing these insights, which pretty much give me a good excuse to drive the amendment of our messaging.

Secondly, if your support response said that the account is being released to you, you should be able to simply go to Account Management and add the new code, since the old one was disabled and refunded. If you cannot do that, then update your Support ticket to ask the team to help you.