• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagAccount HackingsSource
Irontodge.9524
Target Source
#1 -

Hello,

I posted regarding my account and my guldies account being hacked yesterday.

Today another big player on the server has been hacked. The only thing all three of us have in common is that we all have commanders / are popular players on our server.

My email account was secure as was my guild wars account.

Both accounts used different passwords.

I am aware that anet believe this is not an issue at their end – but this just seems all too fishy.

How could he know my email address? My computer is safe – I have a newly installed copy of Windows 8 and I have used multiple antivirus software to attempt to find any key logging threats. All came back clean.

I would like to reach out to Anet and ask for further investigations to be completed as this is hitting players who have put a lot of time and effort into their accounts.

Many thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

As stated in this thread: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/account/E-mail-Change-Questions-merged/first#post803332

If you have not verified your email address, you can change your log-in name on the launcher.

If you have verified your email, you cannot change your email address/login name without help from Support.

Please do consider using the search engine or the Dev Tracker — they’re both really helpful in getting answers!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Hi Again,

My email address was verified.

Furthermore – I had the function enabled which requires authentication when a new email address is used.

Surely this should stop any one compromising my account?

Not if they have your credentials. If they have your log-in name and your password, they have access — just as they do with your bank, your debit card, etc.