• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGender Bender name alrdy in use...Source
Tap Skis.8240
Target Source
#1 -

Rly sorry to bother again, but i would just like to know if my characters name will change back to its original state, since i’ve had to rename it cuz that ’’violation’’

original: Gender Bender
current state: Golden Kyo

ty for the feedback on my first question, and i guess i understand the account name issue aswell, which is no big deal.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

I will see if one of the team members can help with this. Please allow a bit of time; we’re all working on several projects right now. Thanks.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#9 -

No worries! We have to ban and unban and try to sneak that in without you seeing, but you ARE ok and can rename the flagged character with the original chosen name.

Sorry for the confusion.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#22 -

ANet doesn’t suspend accounts just because someone reported the name as offensive. They have a group that reviews names and applies (or attempts to apply) a consistent policy about what is allowed and what is not.

Anyone who is suspended can ask ANet to re-evaluate the decision. As one would expect, most of the decisions are upheld on appeal (mostly because the name was “obviously” unsuitable), but some are overturned — perhaps the original team misunderstood the context or was too strict in enforcement.

Uh i doubt it is reviewed that much. I was forced to change my name twice, once literally just now.

It was “Unsanitary Napkin”. Tell me how that is offensive please?

Oh please, you are not asking that question seriously, are you? That’s straight-out vulgar.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#23 -

Now the game says that the character name i had before is alrdy in use + if i pm gender bender from my other characters the message simply returns to me so i guess ill have to wait for that to be fixed, since it looks like the name is still bound to me.

Ty for all the feedback and the support.

Are you names all sorted now?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#24 -

ANet doesn’t suspend accounts just because someone reported the name as offensive. They have a group that reviews names and applies (or attempts to apply) a consistent policy about what is allowed and what is not.

Anyone who is suspended can ask ANet to re-evaluate the decision. As one would expect, most of the decisions are upheld on appeal (mostly because the name was “obviously” unsuitable), but some are overturned — perhaps the original team misunderstood the context or was too strict in enforcement.

This is accurate. We review carefully, and we respond to appeals if someone is truly confused about why a name was blocked. As this illustrates, we will rescind a block when appropriate.