• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagTaking a long break and here is why.Source
Grizz.7045
Target Source
#1 -

Over the last few weeks I haven been playing less and less. When the game launched I spent the majority of my time Spvp’ing (rank 31) and doing PvE (80 ranger+80 engineer). I also did some WvW but it never had a very strong appeal to me due to the nature of not being able to accomplish much alone or with a small group (2-3 people) outside of taking supply camps. These days I do zero SPvP and zero WvW.

I would like to specifically talk SPvP because this is my #1 biggest disappointment thus far playing the game. SPvP got stale so quickly for me, there desperately needs to be other game modes besides conquest. Furthermore the game “meta” if you will has not changed for a very long time. I understand Anet’s philosophy is to not put in drastic changes, but to me this is killing SPvP. The scoring systems in place promotes a silly playstyle in hot join SPvP based around node flipping/running around in a zerg. and TPvP is just a snoozefest and really shows off why certain professions don’t belong in PvP. I’m not going to make a long winded rant about profession balance because I think if you look around you will find one but I am not happy at all with how things are and leave it at that.

As far as PvE goes, overall the Lost Shores event to me was a pretty big let down. I thought the fractals of the mists were the best designed dungeons yet. The problem is the newly introduced grind and new tier of loot that is usable everywhere sets a poor precedent for things to come. I have ~30 gold and I can’t afford to make a quiver with the correct stats for my ranger. There is no way in hell I’m going to grind t6 mats to make this thing. Furthermore I have and actively played my other lvl 80 with a third alt on the way. I would have to redo this grind for each character, and individually run the fractals on each of them. Finally the new zone that was added has nothing in it. It serves no purpose other than grinding materials and doing jump puzzles.

I will probably log in to check out holiday events and other large scale events, but outside of a major SPvP overhaul/new PvE content or major Ranger changes. I think I’m done for now.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hello,

Thank you for giving us your feedback about the game. We hope that you’ll come back soon and ejoy it again.

I close this thread.