• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagOne last question stemming from AMASource
cesmode.4257
Target Source
#1 -

So Chris said there will be no more tiers added and they plan to add ascended gear into the game throughout the next year, acquired from participating in whatever gameplay you like(DEs, dungeons, fractals, WvW, etc). Ok, a step in the right direction.

Then he went on to hint that the infusions will become more powerful over time, acquiring better infusions to insert into your gear, instead of replacing the gear itself. So basically, the gear is not the gear treadmill, infusions will be. Infusions will become obsoleted every so often. Am I correct and understanding this correctly?

Ascended gear and legendaries stay the same over time, but the infusions become a treadmill?

Quoted from Reddit:

[–]ArenaNetTeam[S] 104 points 12 hours ago

Hi All,

Here is the reply to the second question:

E2:""Ascended gears are making a lot of people worry about an ever-increasing gear treadmill. Many players did not want the exotic/legendary system to change, and they don’t like ascended gears. Was this expected? Can this be something fixed in a painless way? Can it happen?"

Yes the response was definitively expected. We did not intent for the information to come out this way. Going back to my previous answer the issue is that we believe in the vertical progression system we had pre launch and that the introduction of an element into the system post launch was going to cause concern but something we believe in. That is why there is no plan for new Rarity Tiers of loot but there are plans to enhance or gain items within the existing rarity design whose properties continue on a shallow power curve. This said we certainly don’t want to create a system where itemization blocks progression in the game globally and we also need to be careful of this in areas such as FotM if the primary reward isn’t available elsewhere in the game. So in short its an exciting problem but one that has been poorly communicated and handled.

And for this i take responsibility and apologies. However the future of this philosophy and the design challenges it throws up are going to lead to a pioneering world and one that we are very excited about.

So anyway i kind of went of topic here so in short. We don’t intend to have an item rarity gear treadmill, we intend for the progression for gaining these rewards to have lots of different avenues for different types of player and where possible lower no fun grind within the whole of the game.

I hope this answers that question. I will be right back.

Chris"

As you can see through the bolded, that you can gain items whose properties increase on a shallow curve, i.e. a treadmill. Am I correct in these assumptions?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

Hello everybody,
please refer to the existing threads for topics being discussed at the moment.
The sub-forum needs to be kept clean, organized and readable. These rules apply to all with no exception.
Thanks a lot for your understanding.