• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagWill FotM difficulties reset? When?Source
Archer.6485
Target Source
#1 -

So, before the patch came out I was under the impression that FotM difficulties would reset once a week bringing everyone back to lvl 1. It seemed to make most sense because otherwise it would be really difficult for anyone to get a lvl 1 group after the first few days, not to mention that players would become more and more segregated as time went by (and they already have it seems). But now it’s been over a week and I haven’t seen this reset happening.

Is there a specific day I should be looking out for? I took a week off from GW2 to try out some SWTOR. Did I make a huge mistake by not getting into the action early on? Do I have to beg/pay a group to take pity on me now and carry me through the first few levels of FotM that aren’t being played anymore? Is there a weeky reset still coming?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Every even scale below the 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80 scale levels are considered the same “Daily” so if you complete a scale 2 and a scale 4 Jade Maw, you get the same daily reward.

You can still only receive this daily once.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

No.. You only get a reward chest for 10. you wont for 12. If you beat scale 10 and the press on to 12, you will not get a daily reward chest for that day at 12.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

We are currently looking at the entire structure of the reward system.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#12 -

Currently.. when you defeat the Jade Maw for the first time in a day you get a daily reward based upon the scale of the Fractals. This reward is tuned to “Factors” as such

Currently.. when you defeat the Jade Maw for the first time in a day you get a daily reward based upon the scale of the Fractals. This reward is tuned to “Factors” as suchFactor 1 – Scales 2,4,6,8
Factor 2 – Scales 10, 12,14,16,18
Factor 3 – Scales 20, 22, ,24,26,28
etc.. etc…

Currently.. when you defeat the Jade Maw for the first time in a day you get a daily reward based upon the scale of the Fractals. This reward is tuned to “Factors” as suchFactor 1 – Scales 2,4,6,8
Factor 2 – Scales 10, 12,14,16,18
Factor 3 – Scales 20, 22, ,24,26,28
etc.. etc…If you defeat any jade maw fractal scale within your current scale factor, you will get your “Daily” for that factor. So someone beating a level 12 fractal would get the same daily reward as someone who beat the level 18 fractal.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#21 -

Choose any even fractal, do 3 rounds, then you get Maw.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#26 -

Exposing the system caused some confusion it seems.

Let me see if I can shed some light on it for you.

When you defeat a Jade Maw on fractals 2,4,6, or 8 it counts as Daily Factor 1
When you defeat a Jade Maw on Fractals 10,12,14,16,or 18 it counts as Daily Factor 2.

Any run between 1 and 9 all count as the same daily. So if you beat a Maw 8 and then again on 10, you will get 2 separate dailies.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#29 -

10 and 18 have the same chance.
18 and 20 do not.