• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCan I unregister my guild wars 2 game?Source
Vada Starre.5194
Target Source
#1 -

I registered the game and now i have no computer to play it on. Can i unregister it so i can give it to a friend and let them register it as their own?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

I’m sorry, but you cannot give, sell, trade, or in any other way pass along the game to someone else. Most families with computers do replace them, even if it takes a bit of time. I suggest you hold onto Guild Wars 2 and rejoin when you are able to do so in the future. Alternately, if you have a friend who would allow you to do so, you could install the game on a friend’s computer and play from there. But that’s really as far as you’re allowed to go.

We cannot “unregister” an account; we will not allow someone else to re-register a used account. And if you wonder why, we don’t charge a monthly fee and the way we make money is through purchase of the game and purchase of items that we sell. If every account is “passed along” we’ll not make enough money to continue to support the game, to expand it, to build new games, to, well, keep the lights on! That’s why we’re stringent about disallowing re-use of an existing serial code or game.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#17 -

My computers motherboard got “static shock” apparently!

I wonder wether GW2 maybe is not really good for PCs… it’s already the third case I hear from (someone in my neighbourhood and I myself lost a gaming PC short time after installing GW2).

GW2 is not breaking computers. The only plausible situation where it could be a factor is a computer with a compromised cooling system (due to excessive dust or a fan failure or maybe a loose heatsink).

Even then, most computers will shut off before reaching damaging temperatures and there is nothing GW2 could do that any other demanding (heat generating) software couldn’t do.

I’d chalk it up to coincidence.

Thank you for the voice of reason!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#18 -

Is that legal? AFAIK, when you buy something, you have certain rights to it under the law, and these rights supercede any purchasing agreement or TOS. This includes the right to re-sell a purchased good.

If this weren’t the case, companies would just declare all their products as un-re-sellable.

You can sell the physical game discs/box etc for sure but you cannot pass on the account. When you create/open the account you agree to those terms. Generally people don’t sell MMO game discs tho since they are useless without a new account along with them. They set the rules for the world they host online and can stipulate anything they want regarding access to that online world.

And to you, the same thanks.