• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagsPvP-sheer number imbalances and afkSource
atheria.2837
Target Source
#1 -

A picture says it far more eloquently than I ever could but this is just one problem:

As many as five to eight in any sPvP game but it’s mostly eight to six with several afk’ers and that’s without adding the other inequities like Rangers being useless unless surrounded by others – they don’t stand a chance against any single character combination.

It makes me upset that two players on one side and one player on the other in many of my games tonight in sPvP were afk’ers and it made the side that had those who weren’t playing lose badly.

We are losing glory points for many reasons, but how do we stop the afk’er who just sits there and does nothing, gets no points and ruins the balance that is already unbalanced in so many other ways?

And just look at the screenshots… Eight to six? Four to six? I’ve seen five to eight… this isn’t right for any pvp in any game.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#5 -

These screenshots are all at the end of a game. Players don’t get autobalanced towards the end of matches so that people don’t get forced onto a losing team. Of course this doesn’t do anything for afk players. Maybe the afk timer needs to be shortened?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

These screenshots are all at the end of a game. Players don’t get autobalanced towards the end of matches so that people don’t get forced onto a losing team. Of course this doesn’t do anything for afk players. Maybe the afk timer needs to be shortened?

The same results of those screen shots can be captured at the beginning or middle of the game.

Then autobalance would/should have kicked in. Are you saying there is a bug with autobalance? Is it possible you checked the scoreboard after someone left, and before the autobalance happened?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#10 -

The same results of those screen shots can be captured at the beginning or middle of the game.

Then autobalance would/should have kicked in. Are you saying there is a bug with autobalance? Is it possible you checked the scoreboard after someone left, and before the autobalance happened?

I don’t know if there is a bug, I know that when people get auto balanced out they leave the game and then people join back in and the teams aren’t balanced (just as in the above) Some people leave when they’re auto’d off of their friends team and try to rejoin again.

It may just be an unfortunate result of the volatility of pugs

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#13 -

I don’t know if there is a bug, I know that when people get auto balanced out they leave the game and then people join back in and the teams aren’t balanced (just as in the above) Some people leave when they’re auto’d off of their friends team and try to rejoin again.

It may just be an unfortunate result of the volatility of pugs

I disagree, it’s the unfortunate result of there not being any penalty for leaving. People who are auto balanced to the losing side and then leaving only to requeue somewhere else is what is causing this whole issue.

Maybe we need to call out better the fact that you still get the win bonus. And hot-join games aren’t meant to have penalties for things like leaving in the same way you don’t get a penalty for leaving a TF2 match.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#15 -

Not being a designer, I’m not sure what the best call is, but I like your suggestions! Here are some things to keep in mind:
Minimum win bonus could help, but encourages AFK (need to solve that as well).
Better win multiplier could work as long as the scoring system gives incentive for conquest play.
Nothing made me more angry in BF2142 than when the game or my computer crashed and I lost all my progress from that match.