• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagPoll: How Long Should Dungeon Runs Take?Source
zzled.9125
Target Source
#1 -

Chris Whiteside’s latest post mentioned that one upcoming initiative was “Revamping all of our existing dungeons (Story and Explorable versions) through rebalance and overhauled encounters.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/chris-whiteside-on-the-lost-shores-and-beyond/

Personally, I’m happiest when dungeon runs take about 30 minutes or less. 45 minute dungeon runs feel like things are dragged out, and anything above 1 hour is just not fun.

So I was wondering: What do other people think is a good length for a dungeon?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#49 -

to weigh in on this issue….

The time it takes to complete a dungeon is subjective to the group at hand. I’ve seen groups take 10 minutes to complete an explorable path, and another group take 2 hours to complete that very same path. It all boils down to the group and each person’s capabilities. We try to aim for a certain group skill level to take a certain amount of time for a given path, and try to build for that. Our targets have been in the past to shoot for a 30-45 minute explorable dungeon path for the desired skill group.

Edit:
Achievement unlocked: Th-th-th-th-thread breakerrrrrrr

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#50 -

adding a post to this because the count got broked.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#51 -

trying to populate posts to not break thread.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#56 -

DR is a system we continue to examine and modify as trends progress. DR isn’t meant to punish good teams, but to act as a safety net for if an exploit happens and a fix isn’t immediately available.