• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagPLayer appearing while status offlineSource
Montsegur.6894
Target Source
#1 -

Sorry if this is in the wrong place,was not sure where to post.

I’ve noted twice so far a friend and guildmate of my beiing online while he is showned completly offline in the guild menu.After I saw him first time he was fighting at Arah waypoint defending it,meanwhile I called the guy and woke him up and he was not really believing me that I saw him online.
2nd time he appeared in LA for few secunds and ported or out or disconnected a minute later.
Not sure what to think about it-if it was hacked he would be suffering money/items missing wich he doesn’t complain of,still should be appearing as online in the guild menu atleast.
Could it be a bug or an admin checkign guilds or smting?Should I worry bout it at all?

Thanks for your time.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

My first instinct was that the account may have been compromised. And yes, sometimes the owner and the hacker can both be accessing the account. I urge your friend to change his password and to contact support if he needs help with anything.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

I hate to say it…but the other option was that he was asleep, wasn’t hacked, but had set his character up running a bot while he slept. You can set your status to offline (which hides you from friends/guild) in the Friends tab, and it’s possible he’d done that so that people wouldn’t realise that he had left his game running with a bot program while he slept, and it was just chance that you actually ran into his character.

While I hope that’s not the case, it’s another possibility for why he’d be asleep when his character was online without having lost anything due to being hacked.

I hate to admit it, but you’re right, that is a possibility. I hope it’s not the case, but yes, it’s possible.