• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagRipped off with non-existant customer supportSource
Rip.4728
Target Source
#1 -

Man, I really feel ripped off. I bought the game online and got banned for the website retailer using a fraudulent key. Went and bought the hardcopy, completely uninstalled game, reinstalled the hard copy and was immediatly prompted to link new key to the old account with no other options. After account linked, still got the error screen and could not access due to old account being banned! Luckily the original company never charged me but I am still out of luck for the 60 dollars I paid for the hardcopy that will not work.

Really I’m out 120.00 because wife also bought it and won’t play unless I do. I submitted a trouble ticket over 2 weeks ago, got the standard “Thanks for contacting Guild Wars 2 Support. Someone will be reviewing your ticket shortly. If you would like to add to or update your support ticket, please reply to this message or update your incident by clicking the link below. We appreciate your patience and will reply shortly.”

Updated trouble ticket referencing the original Incident number and everything. Same response.

No recourse, can’t call anybody, can’t email anyone. Really sucks. Thank you very much Arena Net, you have managed to get me for 120.00. A technical issue that can be resolved is one thing. NO customer support or having any way to fix is quite another.

I don’t expect any reply or resolution to this and did not feel like posting it in the 55+page unresolved account issue thread above.

On a positive note, Planetside 2 is a RIOT!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#6 -

Please post in the thread, as the players have suggested. If your account was released for you to add a new code, we’ll make it happen. Sometimes, the account cannot be released, so the team will need to investigate this and find the answer that pertains to your personal situation.

I’m closing the thread since I know you’ll join the other, appropriate thread. May I ask that you not use inflammatory subject lines? We really DO want to help you!

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#7 -

I just heard from Support. You cannot issue a charge-back because you were never charged for that account. (If you saw a “charge” it was in fact an authorization, but the final charge was not processed.)

There is a question in our minds about why one account was accepted and one failed. I’ve asked if they can re-review and they are doing that. I hope we’ll have a positive answer today.