• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagSo you killed another good farm possibilitySource
Arekai.5698
Target Source
#1 -

The Hunter in Arah Path 3 doesn’t drop anything anymore, it was a good 26s with a chest every 5-8min and it got stealth nerfed in between the last 3 hours.

If you create a game where you have to grind immeasurable amounts of gold for simple things like a shiny weapon or seasonal goodies like halloween skins or materials for leveling a profession to 400, why the hell do you kill every single way to get gold for little time?

You promised to not sell a grindy game but you add it anyway, good thing the game isn’t subscription based because you would have none left by now, then you repeatedly nerf every way to grind.

Can you please, at least, tell us why?

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#8 -

It was getting pretty abused. We had some solid metrics on it, and decided to kill the loot from one of the bosses in an attempt to slow it down.

It was indeed a hotfix.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#11 -

However, I do think people will continue if only for the dungeon tokens.

It’s possible. We’re watching metrics on it. I made the judgement call to only turn off the loot for 1 boss. If it is still being abused, I can make more judgement calls.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#27 -

hotfixes don’t require a patch, and the solution was very simple. The hatchery was a complex problem to my understanding (I didn’t fix it personally), and Bjarl will be fixed in the next patch. If you had to fight Bjarl every time in every path, that might get elevated to a bigger issue worthy of an emergency patch since it blocked an entire dungeon.

There are farms available in the game, but when a farm comes up that spikes charts and can upset the economy, we try to act quickly.