• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagCannot finish game downloadSource
TommyP.6924
Target Source
#1 -

I’ve been trying to download this game all last night and this morning, but the download refuses to complete. I’ve tried uninstalling the game and re downloading several times now, turning off both my antivirus, and my firewall, rebooting, resetting my network, nothing will let me get past 19 files remaining. It sucks that it’s so close to finishing downloading. Once it stops it just says “Download failed! Please check your internet connection and try agian (2)” I’ve had this problem when downloading the game or doing updates in the past, but they usually resolved themselves the next day or so. Should I just wait, or does anybody have any better suggestions.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#4 -

Hi TommyP – There are a couple of things that you can try in regards to this particular error message. The first thing I would suggest is clearing your DNS cache along with a Winsock reset.

To do a Winsock reset, please try the steps below:

1. Click the “Start” button to bring up the Start Menu.

2. Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”

3. Right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”

4. Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. Please attach that file to this ticket. (We would like this report even if the issue is resolved)

5. Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Once completed, please try connecting again.

Next, to clear your DNS cache, please try the following:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the “Run” dialogue box.

2. In that box, type “cmd” without the quotes, and click the “OK” button. A DOS window should open.

3. Enter the following command below and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.