• Curse Sites
Help
Regional FlagGame does not launch anymoreSource
Fangos.6421
Target Source
#1 -

I was able to play earlier today, but now when I go to the client and press play I get a black screen that never goes to the character select.

I had this problem before and after I turned off my computer for the night I came back on in the morning for it to be working again, but just to test I logged off and it happened again.

I did -repair and deleted the local file. And I DON’T have NVIDIA.

Decive
Name: ATI Radeon HD 4770
Manufacturer: ATI Techologies Inc.
Chip Type: ATI display adapter (0×94b3)
DAC Type: Internal DAC (400MHz)
Approx. Total Memory: 2297 MB
Display mode: 1920 × 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP monitor

Please help, I have no idea why it only works when it feels like it.

ArenaNet Poster
Target Source
#2 -

Hi Fangos – If deleting the local.dat file and following with a repair didn’t resolve this issue, there’s still a couple of things that you can try. I would make sure that you have your Anti-Aliasing set to “Application Controlled” and ensure that you have the latest drivers for your video card.

Additionally, the game client requires the latest DirectX 9 components; this is true even if you have DirectX 10 or higher already installed. Please follow the instructions at Microsoft’s web site to install the newest DirectX 9 update:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

Please be sure to save the file to your Windows desktop. Then create a new folder on the desktop and extract the DirectX files into it. Once they have been extracted open the new folder and use the DXsetup file to install DirectX.